“Perfectly Acceptable...”
Review of Motel 6 Mobile, AL

Motel 6 Mobile, AL
Ranked #45 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I paid about $48 for a small suite with a fridge. Good location, convenient to the interstate. Walking distance to a Winn-Dixie and numerous restaurants. Friendly clerks. Room was clean, water was hot, ice machine worked. Decent continental breakfast that included cereal, bagels, pastries, toast, juice, and coffee. One caveat: all the rooms have a safe, and a small fee is charged as insurance on the safe. You can waive that fee at check-in, and that was not made clear to me verbally. Only upon checkout did I notice the fee (after having paid), and it was a bit of a process getting a refund. But the clerk, Mr. Durand Lewis, took care of everything very professionally...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We booked this hotel while traveling just for a place to sleep, the price was reasonable. There are some other motels adjacent to this one but we chose this one for safety because the doorways are inside after we noticed migrant workers hanging off the railings next door when we checked in. The clerk was friendly but the room was lacking. The bedspreads had cigarette burns on them and the bathtub needs to be replace. It was an eyesore with rust in the bottom of the tub and around the bottom on the outside. The electrical outlets also need to be replaced; when we tried charging our phones the plugs would not stay in the outlets, except the one in the bathroom. We felt safe and comfortable but that's about it. I will try to add pics when I have more time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DuckyAugusta_GA
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The sheets were clean and the night clerk was friendly. That's all I can say good about this hotel. The refrigerator looked like something had been spilled all over it and had never been cleaned, but that didn't really matter because it didn't work. Nothing in the room did, except the TV because that was the ONLY working outlet, in the whole room, including the bathroom. When I requested a different room I was told there were no other non-smoking rooms left. That made sense because there were only 4 on our floor as far as I could tell. We did stay the night because it was late and we didn't want to put the kids and bags back in the car. The night clerk did reduce our rate when he didn't have a different room for us.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I booked the hotel through a travel agent, we got to the room approx 10:30pm, the clerk said, "Oh I thought you were not coming!" I did not know why she said that, but I soon found out. She had also asked if I wanted a non-smoking room, however the whole lobby smell like casino smoke or worse. When I got to my room, it was a handy-cap room! It had a smell of used depends or an elderly patient rest home. The lighting was really really dim only a bat could find its way around, the comforter was old and looked nothing like the pic, the sheets and pillow cases were dingy. We placed a towel on the couch to sit on because of the stains. Luckily my wife brought Lysol spray and room deodorant or it would have been impossible to spend the night there. I called the desk clerk to tell her that I have never stayed in a handy-cap room nor asked for one. She said, I requested it when I booked the room. I called my travel agent and they explained the hotel can give me what room they decide. I talked with the clerk again and she said, I would have to keep that room or get one on the second floor with a broken refrigerator. I had sandwich meat, cheese, water and juices and needed a frig, so I kept the room. I realized that the lady had given my room to someone else earlier, a lady who already had a room was in front of me and she requested new linen. The clerk gave her some linen and said, they are stained and spotted, but they are clean." I looked out my window and my view was an old wooden fence. Continental breakfast started at 5:30am, it was gone by the time we got there shortly after. I realized that I was in the hotel from Hell. I would only stay in this hotel, if I had a choice whether to sleep in prison or not! I wouldn't recommend this place for anyone to leave a dead corpse for a night, it's too filthy! I have stayed in many motels, this rate among the worse, if not THE WORSE.

Room Tip: Anywhere else but here, even a tent outside!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WORLD T
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We booked this room while on the road, but the pictures looked good so I figured it was OK. Parking was good, exterior looked good and that about it. The check in took awhile because some of the door locks didn't work, the room was big but could be cleaner, build up in the corners and edges, found an earring in the bedding, beds were not comfortable, worn out; the bathroom was pretty clean. the toilet wobbled when you sat on it, sink drain was rusty, again edges and corners of the floor need to be swept and mopped properly. Carpet kind of iffy. Cereal and toast breakfast. Paid $50 for the room. Probably won't stay again.

Room Tip: Stay next door, same price, looks better
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Wife and I decided to stay after an abysmal stop in the area. Front desk guy was helpful and polite. Rooms were good and price was better than the other hotel which was nice. The pool was nice too after a long drive. Area around it was clean as well. We were the only guests using it so was quiet. Also the bed was very comfortable. Will definitely stop by again on our way back.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Georgewilliams1
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed at this property last month and was pleasantly . Lacey at the front desk was very helpful with things to do in the area. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast had some good choices. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013