“cornflakes”

Ranked #49 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Piper City, Illinois
“cornflakes”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Serious. Cornflakes is all they served for breakfast! Kids running with luggage carts and had to ask desk for soap!!! I will not return .
we were in town to visit family and friends so were not going to spend a lot of time at motel but this was not acceptable by any neans

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I am so furious not only with this hotel, but the other hotels along this strip that I may never stay in Mobile again. Upwards of a dozen hotels in this belt line area flash rates of $39--on their signs, in coupons, on billboards. I first went to the Red Roof inn and was given this run around and then went to this one close by and had the same experience, yet when I arrived after midnight last week, pulled into the hotel parking lot that had just a few cars parked there, they also had the effrontery to tell me that the cheapest room was $56 a night! I tried 6 other hotels in the same area--same story. I think it's time to get the Mobile Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau involved!!! I'm writing complaints to both groups.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Mobile hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We GPSed our way to this area by way of a discount coupon book. The first motel we got to on the I-65 W Service drive was a motel 6. First let me say that any time I arrive at a motel in the late night and I can't come into the lobby but have to check in thru an outside window, like going thru the drive thru at Micky D's, I'm gonna have second thoughts. So we move to the next motel which it the Econo Lodge. In the past we have have good experiences with Econo Lodge, so when I see the huge flashing neon sign advertising rooms for $39 a night, I get very glad . When I go into the lobby to inquire the first thing I notice is the shaddy looking character behind the counter. And he tells me that they do not have any $39 dollar rooms, that their rooms are $55 on the weekend. It is Sunday, and being experienced in motel staying, I know that rooms are usually discounted from Sunday to Thursday. So I already know that he is full of B.S. So anyway, we go next door to the Quality Inns and Suites where they give us a room for $55 that comes with a full breakfast in the morning and an in door pool and hot tub. Plus an obvious cleanliness that surpasses that of the Econo Lodge next door to it. So the next morning I walk over to the Econo Lodge after I see that lots of people have checked out. I ask for a $39 room and they tell me that they do not have any more. But they still have the super bright neon sign flashing "$39 Rooms". So their sign is nothing but a fat lie. And from the reviews that I have read, it is obviously a dump. But to get a good rate at that Quality in, you have to ask. They can go as low as $50.99 a night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jdublu
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Made the decision to stay here after 11 long hours of driving and were too tired to get to our original target. With 2 small kids. Lasted in the room maybe 20 minutes before I was grossed out enough to pack up and get out fast. Next time I'll read reviews even when I'm too exhausted. What a gross mess

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed with my daughter en route to a veterinarian interview in Mississippi.

We picked this at random on the Hotel Row off Airport blvd.
Asked for a non-smoking room... but when we got into it... well, as my daughter said: "If this is non-smoking, it hasn't been non-smoking for long". Oh well, it was a stopover, it was fairly cheap, & we were tired, we sucked it up and dealt with it.

Sign said breakfast, but all we could see was coffee, juice and a few cornflakes,

Given the alternatives in the area, we would not return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Saraland
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Paid $49 including tax for a king size bed. included free breakfast an WI-FI. great value for the money. room was clean and comfortable. Will stay here again, next month when the swimming
pool is open. Staff was helpful and accomadating.

Room Tip: request ist floor rooms when available.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here to not overwhelm our family; however, we should have. The rooms were clean on the superficial, but goodness if I had a magnify glass... I felt the carpet was dirty that I refused to take off my shoes, I refused to get underneath the bed covers, I refused to put my food on the mini fridge/microwave (good had one), and the towels were cleaned but had black spots on them as if they should have been thrown away... No iron, no coffee maker, old style with butt TV, heater smelled like gonna catch on fire, pool inside but no water being renovated... For $50 double beds NOT worth it especially if got kids with you!!!!! If I was a college kid or did not care would probably be ok. Oh, oh, the breakfast was not... They had cereal, juice, and granola bars... We went to Waffle House. The worst the area had a Tornado with neighboring hotel was destroyed and NO ONE came to our room to check on us nor called... Safety was not being enforced... I felt unclean at this place if I could say one sentence!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012