“Keep the People”

and 1 more site!
Budgetel Inn and Suites Mobile
Ranked #49 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The reason this got two bubbles (stars) instead of one is the lady at the front desk. She was so helpful - ready to offer another room immediately if the door lock on the present room would not function. Also, made sure the room was away from the indoor pool so that I could get my work done. The wifi worked great!! Now the inside of the room was another matter. It was clean and no bed bugs (checked before using) but awfully used. I am not sure if there was any item in the room that was not broken, scratched or marred in some fashion (including fridge and microwave). The poor room had been around the corner and then some. Even the window had rusted screws that were hanging off the frame. Would I stay there again, probably not - but in a pinch, it would do.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back away from the pool and I-65 (freeway).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I was looking for a good, cheap motel, and I got it. It's clean. Lady at the front desk was decent. I wasn't expecting much, and it was an okay one-night stay. Small hole in the bedspread, limited toiletries.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Nasty hotel, only stayed because it was late and no other hotels in area had rooms under $90.
Should have stayed at rest area in car. Room, parking lot, sidewaks were all filthy. We had no wifi in room, went to lobby and it just barely worked,,,very slow. Complained next morning, to no avail. Front desk worker that checked us in was more interested in arguing with her adult children and ordering food from waffle house for them. Very unprofessional. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2010

We travelled to Mobile for a funeral. I worked Friday in Atlanta, drove 5 hours to Mobile just to find out my reservations at another choice hotel was cancelled. So they booked the econo lodge, well we get in all beat up and tired. We get in the bed and all of sudden my cousin and I are jumping from something biting us. We were absolutely miserable we had to pull off the sheets off the bed, request additional linens and still were miserable. The bathroom was disgusting and small! We got back to Atlanta just to find the creepy crawlers from the clothes worn while in the bed in our luggage bags!!! I will never in life stay here again, this almost makes me want to not use the Choice Chain which I happen to love.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2009

We only stayed at this Econolodge because our Choice Privileges™ rewards account had been given a "FREE" night, but that really meant that our account was credited with 8000 points, enough for only the WORST of their hotel chains (this one required 6000, all others were more than 100000 points) for that paltry an amount of points and we booked this because it was the only one in the area we needed to stay that night.

It is right off the interstate on a frontage road with a row of other hotels and fast food type places, so it did not seem remote or particularly dangerous, but I had a bad feeling about the area regardless. The check in staff was abrupt and unfriendly and the narrow, dimly lit halls are far from inviting. The doors to the parking lot that are supposed to lock had their mechanisms bypassed by DUCT TAPE holding the bolt from catching the lock!

Our room smelled back and was of minimal cleanliness. The pathetic excuse for a continental breakfast consisted of some kind of corn flake cereal and a pitcher of milk that tasted so odd that we could not be sure it was actually milk at all. That was it! A coffee machine and the remnants of what looked like it used to be a coffee cake of some sort but was only crumbs now rounded out this "feast" that puts the "Con" in continental.

Then the best part, the family with young kids that came in to try to eat also were overheard talking about the fact that their car had been BROKEN into during the night and all their property stolen! When we leaving and packing up our car I could see the police were now taking a report and lifting prints from the family's car which was parked in the row right NEXT to ours! Just what I had worried about happening did happen, just luckily not to us because I took all of our property OUT of the car and put it in the room for the night.

This hole was definitely the worst place I have ever stayed and not even worth staying there for FREE because you could still end up having your vehicle damaged and property stolen and end up spending your trip filling out police reports instead of enjoying your stay. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed here for one night and that was long enough. Saw a few sights in Mobile on the way into Florida so we were only awake and in this room for about 3 hours but that was more than enough to be completely grossed out ...Our bed blankets were messy when we arrived but they assured us that these were clean and the maid just hadn't made the bed. In addition, the maid must have also "forgot" the towels and shampoos & soaps because we had none of these either. After going out for dinner we came back to discover a colony of ants on one of the tables were I can only presume someone had recently spilled some beer (again the maids must have "forgot" to clean the rooms). To top it all off there were some "private" hairs still in the tub. We have tried Econos on a few different occasions to save some money when we are just on the way to somewhere but this will be the last time. They are continually getting worse because no one ever cleans the rooms and this hotel took the cake.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Funinthesun35
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We stayed one night at this horrible Econo Lodge in Mobile, AL. The hotel staff was hmm...there...but not really. When you walk in the first thing you smell is SMOKE. Then when you open your room it has a stale...smoke smell to it. We stayed in the non-smoking.

The room was dirty. The bathroom was even worse. There was hair and just dirt everywhere.

The "continental" breakfast consisted of warm milk and one type of dry cereal. So basically there are tons of other hotels out there. STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family