“Pitiful”

TownePlace Suites Mobile
Ranked #33 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed July 11, 2011

First they need to invest in deep pocket sheets. The bed was really comfortable, but the sheets popped off as soon as you sat on it. Second, on the second morning of our stay went went down to the lobby for the to go breakfast and there were 3 kinds of cereal, raisins and oatmeal. No yogurt, no orange juice, muffins or fruit. I asked the front desk and she said the ran out and the truck didn't,t come in. Didn't they know? Seems like they had all day the day before to run to the store. Bad bad management. As a travel agent, I WILL NOT recommend this hotel. Marriott needs to take their name off the sign. They should be ashamed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Trvlagt38671
TPSMobile, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mobile, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2014

Dear Trvlagt38671,

I wanted to let you know this property is under new management and over the summer we went through a renovation. We also now have a breakfast room. In 2015 we expect all new appliances. I wanted to share this with you in hopes you would like to give our property another chance to be your choice hotel while in Mobile.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

We arrived to find a bag with chicken bones and beer cans waiting for us in our room in plain sight. TV is not working, remote does not work. And the rooms look like there stuck in the 90's. The elevator is about to break at any minuite it makes crazy sound.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank deltree

Dear Deltree,

Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed at the Towne Place Suites Mobile for 2 nights in May. The rooms were clean, modern and had a great little kitchen and sitting area. We arrive at 2am. The front desk lady told us what time breakfast was available (Free with room) and then stated that would be way too early since we arrived late. She placed a huge continental breakfast in a bag on our doorknob so we wouldn't miss out! No hotel has ever cared that much before. The swimming pool was clean and new. We brought our 2 dogs. Usually rooms that allow dogs are gross with stiff carpet, our room was fresh clean and just perfect. IT was right off the interstate with pleant of restaurants within walking distance. We will definitley stay there again! Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 2, 2011

We was assigned to the second building and we noticed as we walked to the second floor to our room the carpet was dirty looking and had a mildew smell all up the stairs and down the hall way. I was scared of what i would find once we looked at our room but everything was nice and clean .They need to hire a carpet cleaning company. Family's was barbecuing and enjoying them selves at the pool . The breakfast was very light but i would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank phyllispsu

Reviewed May 23, 2011

This was an excellent place to stay. It is conveniently located right off the highway. It was clean and nice and everything you expect from Marriott. It is the typical TownPlace Suites, nice sized rooms, and everything you would need in the room.

Of particular note was the front-desk staff, Janice. She was very friendly and welcoming.

Great place! Oh, and they have a small breakfast in the mornings. Not as big as other places, but, still plenty to eat and drink.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 27, 2011

The property consists of two three-story buildings. The check-in area is small and basic but I was recognized as an elite member and checked in quickly. The rooms aren't large suites in the Embassy Suites or Residence Inn sense, but there is a small but fully equipped kitchen area that separates the bed area from the bathroom. The room also included a couch, chair and a 32" flat panel TV. None of the channels appeared to be high def, but there were almost 70 channels available for viewing and the TV swiveled around for easy viewing from either the couch or the bed. Some other reviewers have noted that the facility is showing some signs of wear but overall, it was mostly quiet and clean. It's located in an office/commercial area and there are several restaurants and shopping within a short drive to the busy Airport Blvd. An Outback Steakhouse, Sonic and gas station/convenience store are within a few minutes walk. There is both wireless and wired Internet. My iPhone connected easily to the wireless Internet in the room, although the speed was slower than 3G, so I disconnected from the hotel's offering. The bathroom was nothing special, but there was plenty of hot water and good water pressure. The workout room was small, but included three different machines, each with cable televisions attached for easy viewing while exercising. Even though I was down the hall from the elevator, I could hear it operate. Since the property wasn't crowded the night I was there, it wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Reviewed January 16, 2011

We arrived at 1:30 in the morning and waited 20 minutes for for someone to show up at the front desk. The desk clerk was very unprofessional and had a few friends with him. We were using Marriott points and checked into 2 rooms. When trying to get in the 2nd room, the key didn't work. After several attempts, someone came to the door and yelled at us asking what we wanted. When we went back to the front desk the guy said, "oh, I must have written down the wrong room number." At this point, we just wanted to go somewhere else. We left and got the points credited. Having stayed over 300 nights in Marriott hotels in the last 2 years, I can honestly say, the service was horrible. Trust me, you don't want to stay here unless you are accustomed to horrible customer service and subpar hotel rooms.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family