“Good value”
Review of Mobile Marriott

Mobile Marriott
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This hotel has ongoing construction, but it is in great shape and for a Marriott the prices are low. $94/night. Great rooms, good service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Angela B, Manager at Mobile Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of the Mobile Marriott. I am so glad we were able to offer you the Government Per Diem during your stay. As you stated, we are under renovation and I hope that us limiting the noise to the hours of 9am and 6pm was convenient for you. We are all looking forward to the completion of our reinvention. We have always held great pride in our service as a Marriott and we look forward to you staying us again soon.

Thank you again.

Angela Beasley
Director of Revenue Management
Mobile Marriott

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I'm a Marriott Platinum Premier member who stays in hotels about 80 nights/year. I have stayed at the Mobile Marriott every 5-6 weeks for the past several years. This hotel continues to be in need of improvements in several areas. The most major issue as a business traveler continues to be the poor internet connection at this hotel. Dispite claims that this has been improved, I don't see it. The wireless connection is completely useless. It is as slow as dial-up and disconnects every 2-3 minutes. I called the front desk to complain and they sent up the bell hop who apparently doubles as their technical support person. He had me connect with the ethernet cable while admitting that the wireless is poor. However, this offered very little improvement. By far, this is the worst hotel internet connection that I have ever seen. The problem is that it has not improved year after year.

Another ongoing issue is the food service. I have tried to order food on many occassions, including this trip, and been told that they are out of the item. The odd thing is that the items that they run out of (pasta, chicken, rolls) are not exactly items that you would expect a hotel restaurant to ever be without.

On the plus side, the concierge room is very well-run by a friendly staff.

I continue to stay here only out of convience. While I have brought these issues to the attention of the hotel on many occassions, I can only hope that they eventually get corrected.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim G
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I went for a conference and really enjoyed the hotel and it's staff. I never really realized the meaning of "Southern Hospitality" until I visited this hotel. Being that I am a Director of Operations in the Walt Disney World Downtown area, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. From the time you walk in through the door, until the time you check out, they make you feel like you are part of their family.

The rooms was perfect, as well as the food. The Chef did an awesome job with his presentation and the flavor of his food. If you didn't like something, he was quick to offer you something else that he would prepare himself I could see the he is very proud of what he does for the guest, and he should be. I also used the fitness center which has plenty of nice equipment.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This Marriott is dated. Spent a couple of nights here. The room was as expected at a Marriott, but the lobby and restaurant show some signs of wear. I expect better of a Marriott Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Wanda W, General Manager at Mobile Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at the Marriott, Mobile. We enjoy receiving input from our guest. Yes, our hotel is a bit dated but the GREAT news is we are in the first stage of a complete renovation. All sleeping room are getting a complete makeover. This includes HD TV and faster high speed internet access. The renovation includes the lobby, bar and restaurant area. Life Fitness equipment is already installed and includes personal tv while you run or walk on one of the treadmills.
We hope you will return after the completion which we hope to be fall of 2012. We will look forward to your return and if I or any of my staff can be of service please let us know.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Conveniently located between Pensacola, Florida and Biloxi, Mississippi...Pleasant staff, awesome up-to-date fitness center. My stay was too short on a very long business trip that started in Orlando, Florida and resulted with me driving from Orlando to Atlanta, Georgia, with stops in Tallahassee and Pensacola. On my next visit to Mobile this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Maury W
griley, General Manager at Mobile Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Thank you very much for your response. It sounds like you had quite a few destinations during this trip.
On behalf of the Mobile Marriott team, we truly appreciate that you selected our hotel while on the road. We are very proud of our newly upgraded health club. The Life Fitness equipment is wonderful for a thorough workout, to kick start your day or to decompress after a long day at work. This is just the beginning of our upgrades to the property. We are currently painting the exterior and will soon be updating the sleeping rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, when you are next in Mobile. If we can ever be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

We recommend stopping for a great nights sleep in these extremely comfortable beds at the Marriott Mobile Alabama. We travel back and forth to Naples from Texas periodically and make this Marriott our usual stop and we wanted to let everyone know about the accomadations. The bedroom is the best. Clean and comfy beds to almost match our own at home. We also love the breakfast is delecious! You have crispy bacon, cheesy grits, eggs, pancakes to order, waffles and fresh coffee at at the cafe to order and the consistent friendly staff at the bar and front desk make this a must stop. You cannot go wrong with this overnight stay for a refreshing, inexpensive stay. Use your Triple A discount for an even more reward on an exquisite room. Cannot say enough!

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the 15th floors usually.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sunbeam79
griley, General Manager at Mobile Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Thank you very much for your positive comments. It is always a pleasure to welcome our repeat guests' back to the hotel. We are very proud of our staff, who commit 100% to taking care of our guests. It is my pleasure to share your comments with each of them. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, when you are next in route to Naples. By then, you will experience our newly upgraded sleeping rooms and property, with the same excellent attention to guest service.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

I'm sure it's not the worst Mobile has to offer, but it's certainly not the best.

I visited recently for business, and it seems some football bowl game was in town and the hotel was taken over with the team. My suggestion to the hotel, if that happens again, put the team on the lowest floors possible. They took up all of the conference rooms, they had breakfast there, but then they'd tie up the elevators going to all different floors. Perhaps if they were close to the conference rooms, or even within walking distance of the stairs they wouldn't tie up the elevators for the remaining guests.

The guest room HVAC had a mind of its own, and the shower head had to be replaced because it leaked all over. Housekeeping was great about keeping towels and soaps well stocked. Big pet peeve is when on day two, three or four of a multi-night stay and the housekeeper skimps on towels or leaves you without soap.

Bed was comfy, but the bathroom was entirely too small. You can tell this hotel came from a design team of another generation. The door would barely clear the toilet, but there was a lot of empty space outside the bathroom in the room. The sink's water was set to freeze or scold, little in between.

They had WiFi, but I suspect they gave every guest a free WiFi access code because the connection was nothing short of terrible...reminded me of dial-up days in Slovakia.

Seems most of the football fans came on the buses so there was plenty of parking. There was a mall across the street, but it seemed occupied by thugs and punks, so I left. There were a series of decent chain restaurants in the neighborhood, and it was a 15-20min drive to the airport. It should have been quicker, as it's only 8 miles, but it's the south and they don't necessarily have a sense of urgency when driving.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
griley, General Manager at Mobile Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. In our industry we are truly dependent on our guests' comments, whether positive or negative, as they are our most useful tool in not only meeting our guests' expectations but, rather, exceeding them.

During your stay, we were host to the GoDaddy.com Bowl which occupies 80% of our hotel during the week of this event. While we do our best to group the players together, the team does take a large portion of our floors. We hope you will accept our apologies for the elevator delays which occurred as a result.

In regards to the property, I am happy to inform you that we are currently in the process of rejuvenating the hotel. We started with our health club, with the installation of $160,000.00 in new Life Fitness equipment. From there, we will be reimaging our lobby and sleeping rooms, followed by our meeting space. We will also be working with a new Internet Service Provider, who will be more than doubling our bandwidth, to provide our guests' with faster wireless service. At the very moment, we have just completed our entryway with new landscaping and are also painting the buildings exterior. We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel upon your return to Mobile and have you experience the new property. We will be updating our official Mobile Marriott Facebook page with the status of our transition, to keep our guests well informed throughout the coming months.