“TOO LOUD, TOO EXPENSIVE, TOO RUDE”
Review of Hungry Owl - CLOSED

Hungry Owl
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!!! I had been wanting to try this place out since everyone I knew was raving about it. A lot of my friends had notified me that it would be expensive so I knew that was coming. I was very shocked at how loud it was in this place, yes I went on a Friday night so I knew it would be busy but it would have helped if the music was not blaring and all the customers were not trying to yell over it. We did sit out side thinking it would be a bit quieter but it wasn't. We ordered the Candy Bacon as an app, this app was very good I just wish there was more of it for $11.00, if I recall there was only 4 pieces of bacon. Then just going off a limb I ordered the burger with peanut butter on it. Once it came out (long wait on food) I tried it and actually really liked it. My mother in-law ordered the tony burger I believe, and she liked it too, however she ordered the mac and cheese and when it came out it was cold as could be. she cut in to it and it was very milky on the bottom, not thinking anything of it she took a big bite and realized something was not right. She had me try it and we came to the conclusion that the milky substance was spoiled and nasty. we waited on the waiter (about 20 min) to come back to see how we were doing and we told him about the dish. My mother in-law at this point was done eating and full so she asked if he would just take it back and take it off the ticket. The manager came over and offered to remake it and she once again just told them that she did not want it any longer. He was very rude and push and pretty much told her all he can do is remake it and she could take it home. So we waited on them to remake it and it came out the same, almost as if they brought the same cold dish back to the table. They also did not take this off the ticket. While I did like most the food the atmosphere, management and the prices have driven me away and I will not be going back!

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

50% of the time Hungry Owl can be good - food and service both. The other times it is terrible, with overpriced average food and long wait times. For example, one night the shrimp tacos had huge grilled shrimp in them and were outstanding. Our waiter was great and quick. A few nights later, the shrimp were timy overcooked pieces of hard flavorless junk and the waitress was rude and slow. She insisted the shrimp were always like that when I questioned her about the difference of food compared to the other night I had been there, insuating I was lying, then walked away. We waited 40 min even though it was 5:15 and the place was less than half full. This is a typical example of my 8 experiences at this place. I am finally done with it and won"t return.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

been there several times. always great food. one great waitress Tiffany knows how to serve a big group.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to have dinner at the Hungry Owl. Arrived Starving. Seated by hostess. While we were placing our orders we had to ask for the televisions to be turned down because they were so loud we could not even hear our waitress talking to us. Dinner orders were placed. I ordered salad which was brought to me after my meal when I brought it to the attention of the waitress. Wrong food items were brought to me when my meal was served. When I began to eat my food was cold and had to be sent back. By the time it was finally brought back for the third time it was so cold in the restaurant we could not enjoy eating. Very sad.
Left Starving.............

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This is one of our favorite local places to eat. The shrimp & grits is amazing and our kids love the Mac & cheese with crispy bacon on top. Hubby said his meatloaf with smashed potatoes was the best he'd ever eaten. The food is plentiful so you won't leave hungry. In addition they have a wide selection of draft beers too!