“Loved the Sushi!”

Description: Hibachi
Sedalia
“Loved the Sushi!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Bamboo has the best sushi around. The Las Vegas roll is a must have! The service is great and you really get what you pay for! The hibachi chefs really put on a great show and I love to come here and eat!

“I've had better...”
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I really hate to write this review because this place has such good ratings but I have to be honest so here we go. First of all, do realize that we went here on the Wednesday after Christmas and they were very understaffed. We decided to try this place for the first time because we had a coupon and everyone said it was so good! We entered the building at 20 minutes to 6:00. Happy hour ends at 6:00. We waited for about 5 minutes for a table and were finally seated. There was no one else waiting when we got there and the dining room was almost empty. We were finally seated at 15 minutes to 6:00 and I attempted to immediately ask about the happy hour menu but the host just kept walking like I was not speaking. About 5 minutes later our waiter showed up and let us know that happy hour was almost over but he would TRY to get our order in (funny!). We immediately ordered dinner, drinks, and appetizers. He apologized for the wait and for the sub par service staying that they were under staffed. It wasn't his fault. He really tried. The soup and salad was fine although my salad had almost no dressing on it (I don't eat a lot of dressing so that's a big statement from me). The appetizers never came. And when the food arrived it was just a tad warmer than cold and tasted as if it had been reheated. We didn't order at the hibachi but we ordered hibachi grilled food. It should have been fresh and hot at the high price of $21 per plate. It wasn't. It was pretty disappointing. We decided to take it home and attempt to reheat it but we were very unimpressed. I wouldn't return except that they have another location where I purchased a voucher to try it so I guess you will be hearing from me again! We will see! Bu as for now, I just can't recommend this place!!!

Alabama
“Very very good food & show”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I'd heard this place was good and finally went today for lunch. It was a Sunday afternoon and I wondered if they'd have higher prices for the after-church crowd, but they didn't. And the prices were SO reasonable!

We went straight to the hibachi and shared a table with another family who'd been there enough to know which hibachi chef they wanted. He was "B" and he was really talented and entertaining!

Our group ordered a variety of things: beef filet, regular steak, teriyaki chicken, scallops, regular chicken. Everything was so good! The filet was melt-in-your-mouth and cooked exactly the way I ordered it, and the steak was nearly as tender.

The salad was... well... ordinary. I do like the dressing, though. The fried rice was very good and flavorful, and the chef left the egg out of one person's, so you can really get your meal cooked to order. The veggies were quite good, too, and the chef cooked one person's portion a little longer than all the rest. "Yum-yum sauce" comes with the grilled meals and we were told that it's called that because it's "yum-yum on everything." We asked for some ginger sauce, which was not automaticallty offered, and the chef got it for us promptly.

Some people in my family have complained that they leave Japanese steak houses hungry, but most of us took leftovers home with us.

They had a high chair for the baby and a booster seat for the pre-schooler. And they offered small portions of the grilled meal to the preschooler even though she only ordered an appetizer.

I came away today being really glad that this place is near where we live because I'm going to want to go back often!

Web site: https://ordercounter.com/bamboo/index.php

• Visited September 2012
Mobile, Alabama
“BEST HIBACHI AND NIGIRI IN TOWN”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have eaten at almost all Hibachi grills in town and by far the best experience. I went with the sister and her husband and my nice. My nice had the best time. The chef MR. BEN {i suggest you ask for him} was the best. I really liked the portions we were served and Mr. Ben the hibachi chef was very friendly and funny. The waiter and waitress was fast and friendly, { been back 9 times in 2 months} The Nigiri : the raw stuff and rice> always good. Planning to go back in a couple days. That being said, avoid the other sushi/hibachi joints in town and come straight to this one!

• Visited August 2012
Mobile
“Consistently outtstanding”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

For lunch or dinner this place has been consistently great for its timely execution of tasty menu items over and over again. The sushi is very good and the "special" rolls most outstanding.

• Visited April 2012