“Brand new facility. Very nice”

Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Everything looked brand new. Great price with AAA. The location was perfect for us because we had family nearby. It is located just off of 65. Mall located on other side of 65. The rooms were large. You had move to move around. We are a family of 4 with 2 teens. 2 queen comfortable beds. There wasn't a microwave. Room 311

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank TheP4
HImanager10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport. We work very hard to make sure all of our guests are satisfied so it is always rewarding when we hear the positive feedback. I am happy that you felt we offered a fair rate for our rooms. I will pass along your words of kindness to the staff. We know you have a choice when you travel, and we are glad you chose us. If I can be of further service please let me know.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while visiting family. I was impressed with the cleanliness of this hotel as well as the outgoing and friendly staff.This is a very nice hotel. Each member of the staff that I encountered was friendly and always happy to meet my requests.The room I stayed in was clean and had plenty of room .The breakfast I had at the hotel restaurant was outstanding. I found the bed to be quite comfortable.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
HImanager10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

We appreciate you being a recent guest of the Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport. We know you have a choice when you travel and we are glad you chose us. The staff prides itself on being friendly and energetic and I can tell you they will all be happy to hear that you felt that way about them. We appreciate you taking the time to review the property and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Myself and my family found it to be a very pleasant and accommodating place to be. Being there on an assignment for the weekend was great. We found the entire staff to be most helpful, courteous and respectful. One night we needed additional towels and the service providers came without delay. The breakfast bar (for a fee) was also nice, it had a variety of items to choose from. I was able to use their computer area to print some docs. Over all experience in reference to everything: PRICELESS. We will be returning!

Room Tip: choose any room, they are the Best.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sam P

Thank you so much for your review of our Holiday Inn. We work hard to ensure all of our guests are 100% satisfied and we are always thrilled when we receive feedback that lets us know we hit the mark. We designed our business center with our business travelers in mind so I am glad to know that it worked well for you. We look forward to serving your needs in the future and if there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Loved the decor and cleanliness of this property! The staff wasa very pleasant...loved the hospitality. Wish the restaurant was open for lunch. Decent happy hour on Wednesday. The place is a little hard to find for those without an updated GPS but i did not have any problems. Only complaint - though not major was I requested an extra blanket. The employee at the front desk verified I requested an extra blanket. He asked if I prefer king or queen...I said King. When I reached the room I had neither an extra blanket or king bed. Also disappointed I was not addressed for being a gold member. These are minor issues and I will definitely stay at this property again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SPGal
HImanager10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport. We appreciate it when our guests take the time to let us know what we are doing right and what we need improvement on. I have passed along your review to the appropriate department heads so we can work on the few issues you have brought to our attention. We realize you have a choice when you travel to the Mobile area and we are glad you trusted us with your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The staff here - especially the front desk personnel - were very helpful. The hotel appears to be very new, and clean - if I had one complaint it would be that the walls and construction appear to be average, considering how much noise I could hear in my room, both from the hallway and also from the floors above.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jeffandvince
HImanager10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport. We appreciate when our guests review us as that lets us know what we are doing right and where we can improve. I have passed along your words of kindness regarding the front desk to our Assistant General Manager. We will make sure that they know their hard work is appreciated. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Solid holiday inn stay. This is a new building so quite clean and modern. The front desk staff were not rude but not overly friendly compared to most hotels we stay in. I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't a public microwave and so the front desk person took our popcorn to the back but didn't cook it right unfortunately. Not exactly his fault I suppose but had unhappy kids as a result. Pool is small and not quite warn enough and the service road getting to this hotel was a bit tricky. Overall, a nice experience for a great price.

• Stayed: November 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Holiday Inn. I have passed along your comments to our Assistant General Manager regarding the desk staff while you were here. We are normally on our "A+ game" at the front desk but it seems we must have been having an off day. We all want to offer you our apologies for not providing the type of service we know we can provide. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. We will certainly make sure your next stay is all positive.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We needed a place to crash for one night as we passed through Mobile. Good reviews on this site, plus a decent price, made me choose this hotel despite being underwhelmed by Holiday Inns in the past. Well, we would have been fine with an extended stay here.

The location seems mediocre at first glance. It is surrounded by other chain hotels and isn't in an especially desirable neighborhood. The upside to this location is that, not being located in downtown or overlooking the bay, the price is fair and there is free parking. Our room was on the back side of the hotel, so rather than facing another hotel or a parking lot, we could see nothing but woods from our window--nice!

The room was large enough and nice looking. The bed was too firm for my kids' taste but it didn't bother me. Everything was clean and looked new. No ugly art, no hideous curtains, wallpaper, or bed spreads, and no bad odors.

We had little interaction with the staff but they were friendly and quick checking in and out.

The only downsides were that there was no free breakfast (offset by a fair price and free parking) and that the walls were thin, but our neighbors were not noisy late in the evening.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HImanager10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport. We always enjoy receiving positive reviews from our guests as it lets us know we are doing a good job. I have sent your feedback regarding the beds to our corporate team so they will have it on file when they start to make bedding changes. I am glad you got to experience the new Holiday Inn with no dated pictures and no bad wallpaper I was happy when the brand moved away from that decor. I'm glad you mentioned the fair price when considering breakfast. When we first opened I tried to consider the average cost of breakfast with a room and insure we stayed competitive with other hotels. Holiday Inn also offers kids eat free promotion which makes the restaurant very affordable not to mention you earn Priority Club points while you are eating. These are just several benefits. If you know you will be eating breakfast we offer a rate with breakfast as well. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again in the future.