New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Mobile
Georgetown, Indiana
“Pleasantly suprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We needed a place to crash for one night as we passed through Mobile. Good reviews on this site, plus a decent price, made me choose this hotel despite being underwhelmed by Holiday Inns in the past. Well, we would have been fine with an extended stay here.

The location seems mediocre at first glance. It is surrounded by other chain hotels and isn't in an especially desirable neighborhood. The upside to this location is that, not being located in downtown or overlooking the bay, the price is fair and there is free parking. Our room was on the back side of the hotel, so rather than facing another hotel or a parking lot, we could see nothing but woods from our window--nice!

The room was large enough and nice looking. The bed was too firm for my kids' taste but it didn't bother me. Everything was clean and looked new. No ugly art, no hideous curtains, wallpaper, or bed spreads, and no bad odors.

We had little interaction with the staff but they were friendly and quick checking in and out.

The only downsides were that there was no free breakfast (offset by a fair price and free parking) and that the walls were thin, but our neighbors were not noisy late in the evening.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
HImanager10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport. We always enjoy receiving positive reviews from our guests as it lets us know we are doing a good job. I have sent your feedback regarding the beds to our corporate team so they will have it on file when they start to make bedding changes. I am glad you got to experience the new Holiday Inn with no dated pictures and no bad wallpaper I was happy when the brand moved away from that decor. I'm glad you mentioned the fair price when considering breakfast. When we first opened I tried to consider the average cost of breakfast with a room and insure we stayed competitive with other hotels. Holiday Inn also offers kids eat free promotion which makes the restaurant very affordable not to mention you earn Priority Club points while you are eating. These are just several benefits. If you know you will be eating breakfast we offer a rate with breakfast as well. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Mobile, AL 36608

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a great stay! Its a newer property, and beats out all of the Holiday Inns that I have stayed at as of late.

Pros:
New
Great Location
Rooms were very spacious
Crazy Comfortable Bed
Very Helpful Front Desk Staff

Con:

Hotel Resteraunt- food was ok but was very slow. Always seemed to be some sort of drama going on with the Resteraunt staff as well.

I will definitely be staying here again! Such a great stay!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HImanager10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I appreciate you giving us the chance to learn from your experience. I have passed along your comments regarding Kem's to the appropriate department manager and we are both working on making some changes so we can accurately deliver our vision. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me. We look forward to the chance to serve you again in the future.

LOUISIANA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here in a king size feature room with jacuzzi tub. The room was HUGE, very clean and comfy. The jacuzzi tub was a little small, but was nice to relax in after a day of shopping in Foley at the outlet mall. The staff were all very nice and genuinely friendly, they made you feel at home. We ate at the restaraunt one night and it was good. The prices are very reasonable, and the menu has lots to choose from. We did not use the pool, but did take a look at the area. It is a nice indoor pool, and a small exercise room separate from pool area. We would not hesitate recommend this Holiday Inn to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank RMWHITE401
Thank you so much for giving us a very respectful review. We like to think we are the leaders of the pack and strive everyday to make it happen. It pleases us to know that our staff is recognized for their effort and willingness to help! We hope to see you again soon. If there is anything else we can do for you please contact us.

alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

If you have a room booked here, a GPS is necessary to find it. I've never worked so hard locating a hotel. There is no signage and the HI website gives inaccurate information. Good luck!!

If you are lucky enough to find it, you'll be surprised at how nice it is. The property is only 1.5 years old and is in very good shape. Hard to find, but very nice.

The wait staff in the restaurant was very nice and helpful. Rooms are clean, and there's even enough light in the bathroom to see. Once you're there, no negatives.

Did I say how hard it is to find this property?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review! It is a running joke between the staff members here that we are Mobile's "best kept secret". We are working very hard to find a solution to our signage problems, however at this point our biggiest struggle is getting approval from the city of Mobile to post signage out along the road. I appreciate your feedback about the directions on the website and would like to let you know that I am working with the staff to try and "streamline" the directions as they can be a bit confusing. I am glad to hear you were satisfied with your stay and we hope to see you back soon.

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Staff was pleasant and most accommodating. Room was cozy and comfortable with fluorescent lights, large, flat TV screen and fresh, clean linen on bed and in bathroom. Business Center was well-stocked with computer with USB and camera card slots. Printer, paper and envelopes were supplied. Overall, I was very pleased.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
HImanager10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We strive for 100% guest satisfaction so it is always nice to receive a review that shows our guests are satisfied. I am always available to discuss any part of our guests stay with them so if you should ever feel the need please contact me. The staff and I again want to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport and for taking time out of your schedule to post a review of your stay.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

The hotel staff were very friendly. The rooms were clean and attractive. The hotel was slightly off the beaten path, but not difficult to find. I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

2 Thank Roxanne1215
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I have passed along your words of kindness to the staff and they share in my excitement. We look forward to serving you in the future. Please let us know if there is anything else we can for you.
email: hinnmobile.gm@gmail.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Great Holiday Inn! Very clean and the lady at the front desk that assisted us was absolutely awesome! Best staff I have ever at this hotel. If we are ever in the mobile area again this is the ONLY place we will stay!

• Stayed July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We always appreciate when our guests take time out of there busy schedules to review our hotel. It lets us know what we do right and where we can improve. We always strive for 100% guest satisfaction and it appears that we hit the mark. We look forward to having you back at our hotel in the future. If we can be of further service please let us know.