“Swift check in, reasonably priced”

Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed October 13, 2011

How was check-in? Swift. Very much appreciated

Was the lobby appealing? Absolutely beautiful...spacious...open...well lit..clean.

Was the hotel clean? Clean....yes. Dusty...yes, especially the towel shelving in my bathroom. In the future, I recommend not to place clean towels on a dusty shelf.

What about the other aspects of the room and other amenities? Amenities...above average...thick towels, comfortable bedding.

And the food? Food...the breakfast was tasty, although it was not included in the price...but as a Priority Club member I received a $3 coupon, used it on the breakfast.

Is there airport shuttle service? Yes, although it is a 12 to 15 minute, so expect a wait (I waited 30 minutes); consider making a reservation for the shuttle. And it is available to take you to other places within a reasonable distance of the hotel. Be sure to tip the driver.

Did you feel safe? Safe...yes the area seems safe enough...

How was the staff? Welcoming, helpful.

Was it a good value? It was reasonable at $95 (using hotel website)

What would you improve? Consider changing the channel of your lobby television and move away from the extremely biased and partisan reporting channel (travelers don't need to know your personal biased political views) to an internationally recognized unbiased news channel like CNN.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank slowee08

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I travel alot for business and this is by far the best hotel i have been in. Rhonda was so kind to me. She made me feel like family almost immediately. I was so surprised at how clean everything was and the food was great as well. The hotel is perfect for me.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
HImanager10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Thank you so much for your words of kindness. I have passed along your review to the housekeeping department and to Rhonda and they are all very excited to hear your review. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope we will see you again soon. We all look forward to the chance to serve you in the future. At your service, Ryan Fendt, CHA General Manager Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport 3630 Springhill Memorial Drive South Mobile, AL 36608

Reviewed September 14, 2011

This hotel is nearly brand new so everything is in great shape. The staff we talked to were very friendly and helpful. The price was comparable to the cheaper hotels in the area and significantly cheaper than nearby hotels in the same class. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Thank you so much for posting a review for us. We are glad to have the feedback as it tells us what we are doing right and wrong. I am glad you found our hotel to be an excellent value that lets us know we are priced right where we need to be. We certainly appreciate you making the decision to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport and look forward to seeing you again. At your service, Ryan Fendt, CHA General Manager Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport 3630 Springhill Memorial Drive South Mobile, AL 36608

Reviewed September 14, 2011

So holiday inn rated so highly? Whatbthe heck I'll try anything. So glad I did. Although it's a tiny bit off the beaten path and down a potholed street, what a payoff. Ample parking, beautiful decor, great service and a fantastic room. I got a corner room overlooking trees. Very nice amenities. All for less than $100. Sign me up again. I'd even consider holiday inns elsewhere.

Note, no in room movies so bring your own entertainment. Plus the free wifi was slooooooooow

• Stayed: September 2011

We are so glad you decided to try us out! I thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to write a review on our hotel. It really means a lot to all of us when we receive feedback. We have been thinking of adding in-room movies so it was nice to have a review that actually referenced that to help me as I discuss the matter with my Area Manager. I also am glad that you brought the wireless to our attention. We have the standard dual connection for Holiday Inn which is T-1 service, and cable with a total bandwidth of 15 MBPS so I am not sure why you experienced a slow connection. I have tasked my Chief Engineer with ensuring that your experience with the internet is isolated and will not occur again. We hope to see you again soon and we are glad you gave us a chance to show you how wonderful we can be. At your service, Ryan Fendt, CHA General Manager Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport 3630 Springhill Memorial Drive South Mobile, AL 36608

Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed for 2-days and the staff was incredibly helpful with directions, restaurants, dry cleaning and places to visit. The hotel is new, but is still incredibly clean. The bed was very comfortable and it was the best 2-nights sleep i have ever had on the road. The pool, fitness area and business center were well layed out and user friendly. I had a magnifficent stay and want to especially mention Miss Rhonda at the front desk, who was the best of the best on this fantastic staff.

Room Tip: Ask Miss Rhonda for the best room!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review. It means a lot to us here at the Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport when a guest takes time out of there busy day to write a review about our hotel. The staff and I are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I told Rhonda that you recommended for travelers to ask her for the best room, she was very happy to hear that you enjoyed the "best" room she picked out for you. We know you have a choice of where to stay when traveling to the Mobile area and we are glad you chose to stay with us. We look forward to your return visit soon. At your service, Ryan Fendt, CHA General Manager Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport 3630 Springhill Memorial Drive South Mobile, AL 36608

Reviewed August 27, 2011

The hotel is new and beautiful. What made this experience stand out above all the others, and we are well traveled, was the employees and the hair dryer. The amenities are pleasant and meet the needs of the traveler. The bed could have been more comfortable. However, the staff went above and beyond to assure that our needs were met and that this would be a memorable stay. Finally, as crazy as it may sound, the hair dryer was the best I have ever encountered in a hotel. I did not even bother to break mine out of the suitcase. Most hairdryers blow about as hard as my children when blowing bubbles, not at all effective.

I would reccomend staying at this hotel and will return should I ever be in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
HImanager10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Wow! Thank you so much for your review of the Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed along your comments to the staff and they were all excited to read your review. I have also passed along your comment to our corporate headquarters regarding the beds as we are required to use the mattress we have, I am confident that they will utilize the comments of our guests when making a decision on our bedding. It really means a lot to all of us here when someone takes the time out of there busy day to review us. We are glad you chose Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport while traveling to the Mobile area and look forward to your return. We are always a phone call away and more than willing to help with anything we can. At your service, Ryan Fendt, CHA General Manager Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport 3630 Springhill Memorial Drive South Mobile, AL 36608 251-344-7446

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Nice Hotel. Comfy Quite room. Hotel is located a bit off the Highway so there is no road noise. Hotel is fairly new. Restaurant located at hotel. Had breakfast and dinner there. Restaurant is nice and has a TV located at each booth. Not many in restaurant but the food was good and had a fairly large menu. Indoor pool and small Fitness center.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so happy you chose us while here in Mobile. The staff and I work very hard to make sure each guest has a wonderful stay so it certainly is a great feeling to know that we hit the mark with you. We look forward to your next visit and hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport while here in the Mobile area. At your service, Ryan Fendt, CHA General Manager Holiday Inn Mobile - Airport 3630 Springhill Memorial Drive South Mobile, AL 36608 251-344-7446