“Great value - well appointed”

Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“Great value - well appointed”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I was on business and treated well by staff on arrival. The hotel is directly across from the federal courthouse where I needed to be. It is convenient as well to the cool, hipster restaurants and bars on Dauphin Street. Mistakenly I was assigned a room already filled but they were quick to remedy that problem. The room was huge and the amenities plentiful. They offer nice added value like popcorn in the microwave. The bedroom was very comfortable, and the hotel has a nice little pool outside with inviting furniture everywhere. My only complaint is the high decibel level of the ac fans in my room, and the lack of parking especially if you get in late like I did. The parking lot is prime space in town so I understand

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jon W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed here on our way to Florida. We got in about 9 at night, and Chad at the front desk was extremely helpful. He gave us a great pizza suggestion and told my husband how to get there. He also made sure the crib that we had requested was in our room. Great customer service!!! The room and the hotel seemed really clean also. Our one complaint like others have said would be the air conditioning system, although I do appreciate their efforts to be more energy efficient. We will DEFINITELY stay here again, and I've recommended it to friends as well!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Elizabeth S,

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Your kind comments will be forwarded to Chad as a thank you for a job well done. The Candlewood brand strives to put customer service first and we are so glad that shows through our great team members, like Chad. Also, I would like to apologize for any AC issues and we will look into resolving this issue. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you during future trips!

Phenix City, Alabama
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We are currently staying at the Candlewood Suites for the weekend, Chad at the front desk has been VERY helpful and friendly, very nice staff overall! The Only complaint we have is that we don't have an HDMI cord in our room so our DVD player doesn't have sound. Other than that we are very pleased with our stay and the customer service the staff provides!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank AllyRenea
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear AllyRenea,

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your kind comments will be forwarded to Chad & the staff!

I'd like to apologize for any sound/picture issues you may have incurred with the DVD player. At the front desk we do have HDMI cables available for guest use and during any future stays please do not hesitate let us know if any problems arise. We are more than happy to lend a cable or get maintenance to look at the problem for you! Again, thank you so much for your wonderful review and we look forward to serving you in the future.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 16, 2014

First let me start with a positive, the front desk personnel are great, however the service stops there. When you check in they will tell you that they do housekeeping service ever six days, if you need towels or linen in between come to the front desk and they will get that for you. I was told light housekeeping will occur inbetween. Well I found out there is no service inbetween to include, you make your bed, empty your trash, no refills on coffee or bath supplies. I could not believe you pay the same rate that other hotels ask, yet you get no services except after six days. I was emptying my own trash, I had to even ask them where to take it. When I checked out I was surprised to see four sets of taxes on the bill, state, room, local and occupancy, I have never seen that. I will not be staying here again, I will stay somewhere where the room comes with the services that most hotels offer.

Room Tip: If you stay here, make sure you are in the middle areas. Rooms on the end are subject to loud noise...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear traveltomuch-3,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

I'd like to begin by apologizing for the issues you encountered with our housekeeping program. As a Candlewood Suites, we do maintain the brand standard of housekeeping being done on a weekly, rather than on a daily basis. This was implemented to try and acheive a better rate for the extended traveling customer. I wholeheartledly apologize for the inconvenience this caused you during your travels. We try to accommodate all of our guest's needs and if at any time during a future stay you would like daily housekeeping please let the front desk know.

Again, thank you for your review! We use these reviews to try and better our hotel & customer service, so we thank you for your input.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed here from 04/24/14 to 04/28/14 and I didn't want to leave. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and always had a smile on their face along with a friendly greating. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. The patio is fantastic and really made our stay that much more enjoyable. Considering this hotel is downtown, you would never know it by how quiet and relaxing it is.

If I had anything negetive to say, it would be about the air conditioning system in our one bedroom suite. In order to keep the bedroom a comfortable temperature, the living area was always ice cold. This is really just a minor issue tho and wouldn't keep me from staying again. Fantastic stay......

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Amy A,

Thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit with us! Spring is a beautiful time in Mobile and we would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again soon.

I do apologize for the AC issues during your stay. Maintenance will look into this issue, but I am glad to hear it didn't severely impact the quality of your stay with us. Once again, thank you & your kind comments will be forwarded to the staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Brasilia, DF
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

It is a big room, really. And with a small kitchen installed. It has a small cooktop, microwave, dishes etc, but no refrigerator.
The bed is comfortable and big. But there is no cleaning during the staying, you have to do for yourself or wait the weekly cleaning.
Great location, at downtown, very close to business center and government offices. Staff was very kind, available all day and night.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Marcelo_Jorge,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We hope you enjoyed your stay with us! I apologize for any issues with your kitchen and I will look further into the circumstances regarding your room having no fridge. All of our suites should be supplied with a cooktop, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, & refrigerator.

At Candlewood we do have a weekly housekeeping policy, but if at any time you would like extra housekeeping during your stay, please let the front desk know and we will be happy to accommodate your request. We sincerely hope if you are ever in the Mobile area again that you choose to stay with us! Thank you for the review and safe travels!

Mississippi
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed here for a mardi gras and were well pleased with our stay. The hotel is new so everything was nice and appealing. The parking lot was small but we found a place to park with no problem. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. They called us a cab when we couldn't get one to answer the phone. Security is tight this time of year... a key card must be used to access doors and the elevator and such but this made us feel pretty safe as there were lots of people wandering around downtown for the parades. Overall it was very quite, staff very friendly and helpful and well worth the price we paid.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Shelleywood,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are delighted to hear you were so pleased with your stay! Your comments will be forwarded to the staff to thank them for a job well done. We love for our guests to feel at home with us and we are glad that was conveyed in the service you received. Once again, thank you! We appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you in the future.