“One night stay on our way to Florida”

Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife & I stayed here on May 10, 2013 on our way to Florida, The staff were very friendly & helpful. The room was very nice & clean. They also have complimentary dvds & books you can use during your stay which made it even more enjoyable. We would highly recommend this establishment for anyone staying in Mobile. We were VERY satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank charles a

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Very nice place, great location, great rooms, WiFi, given all our room requests, very friendly. Traveling with dog,potty bags provided in parking area. Park for walking dog or sitting, within the block and more within close walking distance. Pool, grill area, very close to many restaurants, Royal St Cafe directly across the street great local spot, good food.
Would stay there again and recommend to any travelers.

Room Tip: Stay on first floor with dog, can go out end doors with locked access to garden area very safe and c...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed there for two nights a week ago. The staff is fantastic!! The room was nice, the price was nice, and you are walking distance from so many great restaurants. I like the Cupboard idea, Used it once while I was there. WiFi was flawless, great TV too. I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Kirk D:

Thank you for your great review and recommendation!! I am happy you liked the Candlewood Cupboard. While we are "walking distance to so many great restaurants", we enjoy having the ability to offer our guests a convenient way to pick up a quick snack or an easy meal on-site. We invite you to stay with us again on your next trip to Mobile!

Thank you!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I were in Mobile to revisit the town I had lived in when a teenager. We wanted a hotel downtown with a swimming pool, easy parking, and interesting restaurants and shops within walking distance. Candlewood had it all, along with a pleasant clean room, efficient air conditioning and a friendly staff. Wouldn't think of going anywhere else if I ever go back to Mobile...

Room Tip: The view from our window was uninteresting, mostly the roof of the back entrance. You might consider...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Jimfromquebec:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad to know we had everything to suit you and your family's needs. We look forward to accommodating you if you ever travel back to Mobile!

Thank you again!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for a month. Enjoyed the grill patio and the customer appreciation cookout. They showcase daily events in the area including free crawfish nightly. Clean room and friendly staff. Stayed in two different rooms a regular and a suite and both had no problems.

• Stayed: March 2013
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Jesselyn007:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! The staff is pleased to know we were able to provide you the “home away from home” experience. I’m glad you were able to enjoy one of our monthly guest appreciation nights! We invite you to stay with us on your next trip to Mobile, work or fun! Thank you again, and safe travels!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites in downtown Mobile while visiting our son. The hotel was in a very good location and you could walk to any part of downtown Mobile. They had a nice, private parking lot which made it convenient to park. Nice amenities, such as bikes to ride, a pool and a gas grill.

And the staff at the hotel was outstanding. They were very helpful with anything we needed, or any questions we had.

I look forward to staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Terry S.:

Thank you for your excellent review! I am pleased to hear that you found the location convenient and the staff to be "outstanding"! Great customer service is something we strive for. We invite you to stay with us again on any future trips to Mobile. Thank you again, and safe travels!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was my second stay at this facility. I was there for one month in October 2012 and for 2 1/2 months this year. I checked out yesterday and can truly say I really didn't want to leave. The rooms are so spacious, clean and have everything you need to make your stay comfortable. The staff is great! Even housekeeping personnel stopped me in the halls to see if I was enjoying my stay, introduced themselves and asked if there was anything I needed.

I loved sitting outside beside the fire pit at night and meeting the other guests. If you visit the area I can suggest a short walk to Joe Cain's Cafe for a specialty martini prepared by Jeff.

Thanks to all the friendly staff and I look forward to my next visit.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Martha P.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff was sad to see you go. We invite you to come back (even if it's not for work) during warmer weather when you can make full use of the pool and patio area. Thank you again for your review, and safe travels!