“Great spot to stay...”

Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Hoover, Alabama
“Great spot to stay...”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed there for two nights a week ago. The staff is fantastic!! The room was nice, the price was nice, and you are walking distance from so many great restaurants. I like the Cupboard idea, Used it once while I was there. WiFi was flawless, great TV too. I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Kirk D:

Thank you for your great review and recommendation!! I am happy you liked the Candlewood Cupboard. While we are "walking distance to so many great restaurants", we enjoy having the ability to offer our guests a convenient way to pick up a quick snack or an easy meal on-site. We invite you to stay with us again on your next trip to Mobile!

Thank you!
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I were in Mobile to revisit the town I had lived in when a teenager. We wanted a hotel downtown with a swimming pool, easy parking, and interesting restaurants and shops within walking distance. Candlewood had it all, along with a pleasant clean room, efficient air conditioning and a friendly staff. Wouldn't think of going anywhere else if I ever go back to Mobile...

Room Tip: The view from our window was uninteresting, mostly the roof of the back entrance. You might consider...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jimfromquebec:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad to know we had everything to suit you and your family's needs. We look forward to accommodating you if you ever travel back to Mobile!

Puerto Princesa, Philippines
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for a month. Enjoyed the grill patio and the customer appreciation cookout. They showcase daily events in the area including free crawfish nightly. Clean room and friendly staff. Stayed in two different rooms a regular and a suite and both had no problems.

• Stayed March 2013
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Jesselyn007:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! The staff is pleased to know we were able to provide you the “home away from home” experience. I’m glad you were able to enjoy one of our monthly guest appreciation nights! We invite you to stay with us on your next trip to Mobile, work or fun! Thank you again, and safe travels!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites in downtown Mobile while visiting our son. The hotel was in a very good location and you could walk to any part of downtown Mobile. They had a nice, private parking lot which made it convenient to park. Nice amenities, such as bikes to ride, a pool and a gas grill.

And the staff at the hotel was outstanding. They were very helpful with anything we needed, or any questions we had.

I look forward to staying here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Terry S.:

Thank you for your excellent review! I am pleased to hear that you found the location convenient and the staff to be "outstanding"! Great customer service is something we strive for. We invite you to stay with us again on any future trips to Mobile. Thank you again, and safe travels!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was my second stay at this facility. I was there for one month in October 2012 and for 2 1/2 months this year. I checked out yesterday and can truly say I really didn't want to leave. The rooms are so spacious, clean and have everything you need to make your stay comfortable. The staff is great! Even housekeeping personnel stopped me in the halls to see if I was enjoying my stay, introduced themselves and asked if there was anything I needed.

I loved sitting outside beside the fire pit at night and meeting the other guests. If you visit the area I can suggest a short walk to Joe Cain's Cafe for a specialty martini prepared by Jeff.

Thanks to all the friendly staff and I look forward to my next visit.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Martha P.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff was sad to see you go. We invite you to come back (even if it's not for work) during warmer weather when you can make full use of the pool and patio area. Thank you again for your review, and safe travels!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Positives:

Room was clean and spacious. No problem with noise from other rooms.

Room had a kitchen with full-size fridge, freezer with icemaker, full-size microwave, dishwasher, toaster, 2-burner range, and small coffeepot. Basic kitchen implements included a cutting board, pots with lids, cutlery, can opener, Rubbermaid containers, dishes, glasses, silverware, and more (and it all looked very clean). Also provided were a complimentary bag of microwave popcorn and bag of coffee.

There is free parking on site, with free overflow one block away. Free DVD movies are available at the front desk. Showerhead had three settings and very good pressure.

When I asked one of the front desk staff for directions to a local attraction, she gave me free tickets to another attraction on my list. Awesome!

Negatives: They didn't provide even a tiny bottle of hand lotion; ok, kind of a minor thing. I don't mind that they only provide housekeeping services once a week for linens and towels (and of course when a new guest comes to a room), but when I called down to ask what could be done about my trash can that was going to start smelling from discarded food, they told me to take it down the hall to the recycle/trash room; this, after being told earlier to "just let us know if you need anything". I've stayed in "suites" hotels before and never had to take my own trash out. Lastly, parking is pretty tight in the on-site lot.

Knowing these things, I still would not hesitate to stay here again. Other positives: Good location, easy to get to, and good price. Also felt safe (you have to use your room card to access the elevator, and I think they might even lock one of the entrances in the late evening).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear mlasp:

Thank you so much for your review of the hotel! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and some local attractions. Also, thank you for pointing out many of our amenities offered, including our free parking. We invite you to stay with us again on any future trips to Mobile.

pensacola, fl
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great stay at Candlewood Suites in downtown Mobile. The hotel is close to all the downtown area attractions. Hotel is new and well kept. Rooms spacious and clean with kitchen. DVD player and free movie rentals from front desk is nice touch. Staff was friendly. Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in downtown Mobile.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear jtcozmo:

Thank you for your great review and recommendation! I am glad to hear that you found our location to be convenient. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Mobile!