“Heading to Mobile, AL? Stay at Candlewood” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown

Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Mobile
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Heading to Mobile, AL? Stay at Candlewood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been coming on and off to Candlewood Suites Downtown Mobile, Al for the last year and each experience is great. Customer service is always there to assist. They are always friendly and helpful. The rooms are very well kept, and the location is great.

Room Tip: I have been in all rooms and they are all good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Candlewood Suites Downtown Mobile is top notch! I stayed from March to December on business and have no complaints! The building is kept in great repair. They have a beautiful brick courtyard with grills, premium outdoor furniture, a gas fire pit and pool. The interior is spotless. The rooms have amenities to make you feel at home( the beds are very comfortable). The best part in my opinion is the customer service. The General Manager, Assistant General Manager, front desk clerks and housekeeping are very professional and curteous. They always made everyday I stayed there a pleasant day. The management team at this hotel raises the bar for all other hotels. The Candlewood Suites Downtown Mobile has my highest recommendation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brad M
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have stayed at Candlewood Suites Downtown Mobile Al several times on busines. Every trip has been made easy by the staff and service at this hotel. They are friendly and allways helpful. I would happily stay here anytime I come to this beautiful city. The hotel is well placed for access to the downtown area as well as access to all major roads in the area, without any of the traffic noise. Perfect location, no matter if you're coming for Mardi Gras, Bay Fest, the Senior Bowl or any other reason. Great restaurants and pubs/taverns are very close by. Free laundry. Secure elevator. Secure gym. Great outdoor BBQ area with pool. Free parking. Couldn't ask for anything better.

Unknown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I lived in the Candlewood Suites in downtown Mobile for a brief seven months and I can honestly say there is nowhere else I would have chosen. The staff all the way from the housekeepers to the general manager will make you feel at home and like family. The rooms are very well kept. The location is ideal for anyone staying in Mobile, whether for business or pleasure. The sight has a nice gym, free washers and dryers, a great pool and patio area with two large grills and free parking. It is also super convenient that the hotel is a short walk from a barber, local restaurants, bars, a park, cathedral and museum. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Gary T.

Thank you for your "Fantastic" review!! We enjoyed having you stay here for the brief seven months! Also, we appreciate you taking the time to mention some of our extra amenities offered. We hope, whether it's for business or pleasure, that you will stay with us on your next trip to Mobile!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have been staying in and out of Mobile now for the past 6 mos and have stayed in a total of 4 different local hotels. With its friendly/courteous staff to its lengthy stay amenities in the room, the Candlewood Mobile has become my new home away from home. To date, I have logged over 100 nights at the Candlewood and from the first night to my last night, the staff has always been attentive to my needs, and truly define that good ol' fashion "southern hospitality".

The amenities include a full size fridge with ice maker, stove with dishes, utencils, pots, pans and even a dish washer! I have two flat screen TVs, a lazy boy sofa chair, dvd player and access to many popular dvd movies provided by the front desk! The carpets in every room I have stayed in all feel like new (important to me). I have spent many evenings working late in my room and can do so comfortably in my high back office chair working one of two desks.

This location is conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Mobile and gives you easy access to many restaurants, businesses, public transportation and churches. The Candlewood is 1 block away from the main post office and a few blocks from Wintzells Oyster House where you can buy a dozen oysters for $6.00 from 3-7pm. Right across the street from the Hotel on Royal St. is a great breakfast restaurant called Royal St. Cafe. They sell a BIG breakfast for less than $5.00.

If I run out of groceries and don't feel like crossing the street to eat, I just head down to the lobby where I have access to everything from coffee and cereal and soda, juices and beef stew. This in-house pantry is always fully stocked with chips, canned goods, microwave meals, ice cream, jerky, trail mix, fruit and just about any else you get the urge for. The best thing about it is that its open 24/7.

The gym is far better than any of the other hotels I have stayed in and I love to work out while I wash clothes in my FREE washer and dryer! Yes, FREE, no charge for guests to do their laundry.

After a certain time at night, all perimeter doors require a room key to get into the building. At ALL times, a room key is required to use the elevator and to use the gym/laundry room.

I recommend making reservations in advance as Candlewood Suites Mobile seems to be the choice for many.

Room Tip: Make reservations in advance.
1 Thank BoilermakerB0B
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
BoilermakerB0B,

We appreciate your generous review of the hotel! The staff is pleased that you find our hotel and its many amenities for extended stay travelers good enough to be your "home away from home". Thank you for highlighting the many benefits (like the gym, laundry room, and location) that Candlewood Suites Downtown Mobile offers to travelers. We look forward to accommodating you on your future trips to Mobile!

Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have stayed at The Candlewood Suites Hotel in downtown Mobile twice in the past 3 months and have been thoroughly pleased with EVERYTHING both times. I live in Mobile so my visits were during Bayfest and New Years Eve. Every staff member I have spoken with are always friendly and professional. The rooms are always very clean and have plenty of space. I find it an added bonus that the rooms have kitchenettes fully stocked with dishes and a full refrigerator. This saves a lot of money. The atmosphere is so welcoming and it is within walking distance to restaurants, shops, and bars. I always feel very safe walking in the parking lot to my car or down the street to grab something to eat. I have never been disturbed by other visitors or any loud door slamming. I am returning to this hotel for a Mardi Gras weekend and I absolutely can not wait to see the friendly staff again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paige H
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Paige H.,

Thank you for your rave review! We are pleased that you continuously choose to stay at Candlewood Suites Downtown Mobile! It is through repeat customers like yourself that we know we are doing something right. We look forward to accommodating you during your stay for Mardi Gras, and please let us know if we can be of assistance while you are here.

Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Recently stayed here while attending an event in the Downtown Mobile area. This is one of the few hotels where I have stayed and it actually felt like a home away from home. The Staff was very nice and willing to help with whatever I needed. The rooms are spacious and VERY VERY clean, this is a BIG deal for me! I will be staying here again and thanks for a great stay!

Travler_007,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy that we could provide that "home away from home" feeling for you! Our staff strives everyday to make guests feel at home and have an easy travel experience while staying here. We look forward to accommodating you during your future travels to Mobile!