“MANAGEMENT NO GOOD”

Emerald Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #42 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed September 17, 2010

this is the most poorly ran motel we have ever stayed. the room are fillled with roaches, u can't get clean towels and washcloths everyday, prostitutes and crackheads all over motel. the free breakfast consist of cereal, milk, juice, popcorn, lemonade, and coffee. this has been the worst of the worst of motels we have ever stayed in our time of working on the road. the pool has been closed since we got here in july. people in parking lot being loud all night and there is no security at all. i would not recommend this motel to anyone who has class to them, you will be very disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank angelkt48

Reviewed August 30, 2010

We celebrate our family reunion every year. We’ve been to resorts, trips to nearby towns and cruises. This year we decided it to be just in Mobile due to budget constraints. We selected the Emerald Palms Hotel because of of the price and the hote's offer to let us use the conference center complimentary to our 7 room reservation. The rooms were very spacious with microwaves and refrigerators included. But the conference room space was small compared to ones we've been to in the past. Another negative thing was their pool was closed. But overall we did enjoy our stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Me and my brother were on low budget road trip across the country and I made the mistake of booking a room at the Emerald. We arrived and by the way it looked and the people hanging around we hopped to god the rooms were nicer. We were wrong, our first room was dirty just by the look and we didn't even touch anything to see if it was just the look. The lights in the room wouldn't turn on and there was a water bottle of something in there plus stuff on the counters. We went back to the front desk and the young lady working, who so nice, gave us another room which she said was better. We went up there and at first sight it was better no left over water bottles and the
Lights turned on! Well we walked and one of the headboards was off the wall! My brother who works on resorts rips of the bed sheets and there were holes. We went back to the front desk and I felt so rude leaving the extremely nice and helpful girl working at the front who wasn't surprised at all and even complained at manager in front of us about the condition of the room. We made the 1:30 drive to New Orleans to stay there for the night. There are plenty affordable down here so don't stop in Mobile.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Our school group reserved 1 extended stay room at this hotel while reviewing for our finals. The price was very affordable compared to other places as we had a tight budget. My group decided to look for a tranquil place where we can brainstorm and talk about our finals. The room we chose was quite big and well-equipped with refrigerator, microwave and internet connection. These were the things that we just needed focusing on our studies and considering that we were staying there for a week, all these provided us with great service. The laundry section is also very easy to access and yes, they offer free breakfast. The most important thing that we liked about the place is the peaceful atmosphere it has which was very conducive for any study activities. We have treated the hotel more of our home after a few days with the personnel getting familiar already. The housekeeping service was also something very nice where you have the option of having your room cleaned every day or on the next day

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2010

My husband and I attended my friend's wedding in Mobile. We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Our room was simple but clean. Although the wedding reception was not held at this hotel, we had a mini post-celebration the next day among our group of close friends at this hotel's conference center. However, the place could only accommodate limited guests. If you are planning to throw out a party for the whole town then the place is not suitable. The served food was great. The function area can best accommodate any party you want. Based on what I have observed I will recommend the place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My work always demand going to other places and staying at hotels to where I am assigned. When I was assigned to Mobile, Alabama, I was in dire need of searching for a cheap yet convenient hotel to keep the travel allowance which was good for 7 days. My room was located on the 2nd floor. The hallway leading to my room was well-lighted with ordinary decors. This is an older hotel and it doesn't try to hide that fact. I’m the type of person who goes deeply into details and so I was checking everything that I passed by. The room I stayed in was spacious and nicely decorated. The hotel has also a laundry area for guests that saved me from going far. What I loved most was the free lemonade and popcorn it served which I enjoyed for two mornings. I would stay here again next time I work in Mobile for sure.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I reserved a night at this stay on our way to Florida after reading some of the reviews from May and deciding to give it a chance. The name change (Emerald Palms) caused some confusion when we exited the highway. There was a gentleman and lady at the front desk and two guests in front of me waiting in line. I observed the gentleman (assuming he was a manager) ignore guests asking about ice, change, towels, etc. The clerk was overwhelmed and responded to guests in a rude manner (it was late at night so that may have been a factor in her attitude). We finally got our room after thirty minutes but that was only the beginning. The 2nd floor room had a busted AC with cigarette cartons stuck inside which intensified the bad smell. The bed covers had holes in them and the sheets had cigarette burns. The two towels available were stained with brown and black marks and had holes in them. My husband went to the front desk to request more towels and to inform them that the AC was not working. The clerk told him that they had no more towels available. My husband asked if they could grab some towels from a vacant room and she said there were no vacant rooms with extra towels. The maintenance man was there at the time so he offered to go to our room to check the AC. They ended up giving us the room next door. The second room had a moldy smell and the sheets and towels were in the same condition as the first room. There were also little roaches around the sink. When I pulled the sheets down, there were little spiders crawling down the bed. Since we were exhausted from our travels, we decided to stay but sleep above the covers in our regular clothes and not pajamas. An hour after we settled in, someone was at the door and their card opened it but luckily I had the deadbolt on so they weren't able to come in. It was not a very restful night. In the morning, we went down to eat breakfast. They served burnt sausage (server described it this way too), boiled eggs, gravy and biscuit, stale cereal (2 kinds), stale donuts, and juice (3 types). The waffle machine was not working which was disappointing to my daughters. We grabbed our bags and vowed to never come back. We paid about $66 for the room/taxes and I have stayed at other hotels around the same rate and this has been the worst. We definitely did not stay here on our trip back home.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family