“Mobile's Botanical Gardens”

Mobile Botanical Gardens
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very educational with helpful staff. Interesting plants with lots of variety. Gardeners will enjoy. A good selection of educational materials that are available to purchase with ideas for different herbs.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have been to the botanic garden on a nice autumn day. The garden is quite small a walking through is done quickly. It has a relaxing atmosphere but nature is taking over the garden. It is a lot of work keeping the garden in a perfect shape.
But close to it is the Mobile Historic Trail. It tells on a number of pillars along the trail the history of Mobile. Together this makes it worth a visit.
And you can use the trail as the start of a walk or run around the river that it located along teh river.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

when we first visited, the staff was friendly and congenial. after we paid our deposit, they were snobby and rude. A few weeks in advance, we wanted to take some measurements outside for decoration purposes so we drove by and noticed a alot of people there. I called the office to make sure we weren't going to interrupt an event, the receptionist was rude and said practiacally shouted "no! there are no events today.....why do you want to know". Her attitude was terrible!!! While we were there measuring, we met another bride who had also paid her deposit and she also commented on how rude the staff had been to her since then.
Our wedding was on a saturday and even though there was no event the night before they wouldn't allow us to decorate Friday night because "our rental is for one day only". When we got there on the wedding day the Botanical Center floor was dirty as were several of the tables that are included in the rental, we proceeded to decorate anyways because (being that it was the morning of the wedding and time was of the essence what choice did we have). Thank GOD for my wonderful family and friends. Since our wedding the facilites have been spruced up a bit. I just hope that their attitudes have been spruced up too because they really left a bitter taste in our mouth, but unless you are wealthy, after paying a non refundable deposit, what are you to do? **I had to select date of visit, November 2011 because 2008 was not available

1  Thank happy02_12
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I really enjoyed visiting here. The paths and specimens were so fulfilling for me. I enjoyed the fine staff and volunteers that were there, the grounds are a display of their love and devotion to this jewel of Mobile.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

the botanical gardens aren't large, but are a nice diversion for an hour or two. pack a lunch and hang out!

Been to Mobile Botanical Gardens? Share your experiences!