“Never saw anyone”

Mobile Botanical Gardens
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This place was free. No one was around, but there were maps available. Took about an hour to walk around. Looks like a lot of gardens are planned but not ready. The fragrant areas were nice.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I visited on an over cast day in June and was not impressed. To begin, there is no official parking lot, just a shady area under some trees. When you walk up to the gate, there is an automated gate and a sign directing your attention to an atm looking box. The Gardens now cost$5 per adult. I have no problem with that, they need to pay their employees just like everyone else. The machine did not work and the gate was open so one other visitor and I just walked in. there are2 buildings. There is a lovely wooden area behind the one on the right and a small path to the side of that building. It winds through some shrubs and trees, but very little that i couldn't see on any walk through my local woods. Overall, it's pretty, but nothing to get excited over. I never saw an employee or a sign directing me to another area, so it seemed to be very small.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Nothing absolutely amazing; but a beautiful outdoor walkway/garden. Recommend going in the Spring. Note* Bathrooms are available. Make sure you bring a bottle of water (if you go during the Spring or the Summer).

Reviewed June 15, 2012

All the way in West Mobile or I'd go there more often. Birding can be very good there.

Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

We arrived just after opening. Empioyees were busy poting plants and getting gardens ready for the day. There is no cost for the gardens. Walkways meander through the gardens. We missed the azaleas blooming but there were still many hybrids with their delicate unusual blooms. It is evident that much work goes into the grounds. We enjoyed our visit.

Been to Mobile Botanical Gardens? Share your experiences!