“Great hotel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West I-10
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Check-in for only one night. Great price,excellent breakfast(waffles,eggs,sausages,biscuits, and more) plenty of restaurants nearby, very affordable,comfortable beds,flat screen t.v.,room decor nice,very clean. I really enjoyed my night!

1  Thank Christine S

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael S
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel was very clean - which for me is the most important thing in a hotel. The beds were confortable. However, I agree with another review in the fact that I thought the pillows were a little thick for me. My dad liked the pillows though.
The staff was great. That night we really wanted to eat at a certain restaurant but wasn't sure where it was. When we asked the man at the desk for directions, he printed them for us!
The continental breakfast was typical: coffee, juices, fruit, waffles, pastries, sausage and biscuits, cereal, etc.
The hotel is right off the interstate, so it's a nice location. Don't worry about noise. It was very quiet!
We stayed only one night but would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CHSojourner
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The pillows were a bit too huge and were hard to make conform to my head and neck. As a result , I had a very stiff neck in the morning. Bathroom lighting seemed dim, especially in the shower.

Other than that, everything was nice, clean and well above average. Staff was very helpful. Rate was good I would definitely stay here again.

2  Thank Alex A
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My 91 year old mom lives in Mobile, Alabama. Suddenly she was diagnosed with a TIA and then they ffound esophageal cancer. It was important for me to see her bery quickly. I was very happy to find this hotel via Southwest Airlines at a truly affordable rate of $60/night. My eight night stay was facilitated by that fact. It compares to my usual choice of Hampton Inn at Providence Hospital which would have been $149/night. Although I was grateful for the discounted room at Wingate, I felt it compared fairly with Hampton Inn. The negative side is in my comments which are given in the spirit of better training and positive criticism. Most evenings I would enter the lobby and find no one at the front desk. I am old school and believe someone should be at the desk all the time. If job activities require absence from the front desk, perhaps those activities could be accomplished at the front desk. It would improve the feeling that someone is on duty and is watching the store. Also, the towels were scratchy, and worse yet -- missing! Especially the tub mat (three days) and washcloths (two days). I did report it. All the staff was very friendly, and I am sure they are doing their best. I am confident they can improve with just a few changes. Also, I would like a copy of my final bill when I am checking out. I was told at the front desk that was not possible as it would be e-mailed instead. In my case, I was traveling and do not have Internet access via mobile or at home. I was definitely uncomfortable leaving without it, and did not have time to go back to the business center to retreve my copy. It seems a small tthing, but all establshments I deal with honor my request for a receipt after my purchases. Lastly, I would pay more for better brands of coffee, shampoos, soap, toilet paper, and tissues in the rooms. They were all substandard, but probably within the discount cost of the room. However, I would pay for a better hotel just on that issue alone. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family