“My first Wingate stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West I-10
Ranked #21 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My 91 year old mom lives in Mobile, Alabama. Suddenly she was diagnosed with a TIA and then they ffound esophageal cancer. It was important for me to see her bery quickly. I was very happy to find this hotel via Southwest Airlines at a truly affordable rate of $60/night. My eight night stay was facilitated by that fact. It compares to my usual choice of Hampton Inn at Providence Hospital which would have been $149/night. Although I was grateful for the discounted room at Wingate, I felt it compared fairly with Hampton Inn. The negative side is in my comments which are given in the spirit of better training and positive criticism. Most evenings I would enter the lobby and find no one at the front desk. I am old school and believe someone should be at the desk all the time. If job activities require absence from the front desk, perhaps those activities could be accomplished at the front desk. It would improve the feeling that someone is on duty and is watching the store. Also, the towels were scratchy, and worse yet -- missing! Especially the tub mat (three days) and washcloths (two days). I did report it. All the staff was very friendly, and I am sure they are doing their best. I am confident they can improve with just a few changes. Also, I would like a copy of my final bill when I am checking out. I was told at the front desk that was not possible as it would be e-mailed instead. In my case, I was traveling and do not have Internet access via mobile or at home. I was definitely uncomfortable leaving without it, and did not have time to go back to the business center to retreve my copy. It seems a small tthing, but all establshments I deal with honor my request for a receipt after my purchases. Lastly, I would pay more for better brands of coffee, shampoos, soap, toilet paper, and tissues in the rooms. They were all substandard, but probably within the discount cost of the room. However, I would pay for a better hotel just on that issue alone. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dean T

A TripAdvisor Member
FAIRFIELD
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I travel a lot on business, this hotel was simply great. The front desk was very friendly and accomodating. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling in the Mobile area . By the way the bed is so restful and the outside noise is practically zero.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I like the location because we have family in the area. Our overall stay was good. The AC unit was a little loud, iron did not work properly and the room had a odor. The bed was not as comfortable as in the past visits. We reported these problems when we checked out. This is the first time we have had any type of problems on our visits. We will stay there again and hopefully these problems will be resolved. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Renita P
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family's stay at this hotel was EXCELLENT!!! The staff went out of their way to accommodate our every need, from the Manager down to the maintenance crew. They were all courteous and very helpful in making our family reunion a success. The rooms were very clean and well decorated. The pool area, banquet room, fitness center and business center were available for our use and the complimentary hot breakfast every morning was great! Thanks to the Manager, Isabella Peoples, and her staff for the warm hospitality shown to my family! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Mobile.

2  Thank Gloria C
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during Mardi Gras 2012 and had an experience with bed bugs. When I asked for the manager, was told she was in a meeting (7pm in the evening). They must have made notations on my account because the manager called me aside during check out. Instead of her listening to my concerns, she insinuated I brought them with me! I was not happy with her customer service and would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank cas888
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel was excellent, the staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms were clean. I realy enjoyed the time that I spent at Wingate keep up the good wook. To management and staff job well done..

1  Thank Rena R
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Hello I just came back from Mobile and stayed at this hotel. My family had there family reunion at this hotel and I can't say enough good things about the hotel it self and the managment team. From the time we got there until the time we left everything was perfect. The manager's name was Isabella and she was the best manager I have ever had anything that me or my family needed she went out of her way to make sure that we got it and that everything was done. There customer service is a 5 star and I will always stay at this hotel when I am in town. The rooms, fitness room, pool and internet were all wonderful. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I will always stay here everytime I come to town.

1  Thank DIANE T