“Customer Service was marvelous!!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West I-10
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
“Customer Service was marvelous!!!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

On 7/14/2012, Lindsay Marston was working the day shift. I was sick that morning, around noon, I was feeling better and wanted the linen changed because I sweated on them. The maid was out to lunch so she came and brought the linen change and helped me redo the bed. Then she found me a cab. Pet permission from her manager, Then while waiting for the cab, I walked to the racetrack to use the ATM. On the way back it started raining and she came in her car to get me so I wouldn't get wet. She has been the front clerk dearing the day my whole stay. Her customer service surly was above and beyond. Room 310 from 7/12/2012. Thanks again Lindsay Marston for your sweet kindness!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Booked our hotel off their website several weeks before our arrival. Driving in from FTW, we were ready to be in our room and relax but our rooms weren't ready, this was 6:00pm. Sometime after 9:30 pm we finally checked in to all three of our rooms. The young man working the front desk was helpful, telling us their housekeeping staff had quit that day. Very surprised that a manager wasn't on duty knowing that something like that had happened. The next morning when we wanted to complain to the manager - he/she wasn't there - this was around 9:00 or so. Again, we couldn't believe that a manager wouldn't be at their hotel when his staff had quit. Very poor management and could possibly be why the housekeeping staff quit on him/her. Needless to say that was a very unnecessarily long day than we hadn't planned.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank camav25
Mobile
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I booked the reservation online and was told by the local staff that it was not reserved. They took my info again and then charged me twice. This is a simple misunderstanding...the problem is... I have called 5 times for the manager of the hotel, and he/she does not think it is important enough to give me a call back. After the 5th message for the manager, I was told that I would receive a phone call by the manager that day, or the lady at the front desk would call me back. Neither of these happened, and I am still waiting to hear from someone. Terrible local management and terrible local customer service. I will never book with this hotel again. It certainly was not nice eough to pay for it twice!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank amy s
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was an awesome hotel! We arrived around noon after a long week of church camp. Since our room had already been cleaned, we were allowed to check-in. The check-in clerk was very courteous. The beds were very comfortable and the room was beautiful. Hot breakfast was delicious and served in a large room where everyone could dine comfortably. We will definitely stay here the next time we travel through Mobile.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynn P
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The MOST important thing to me in choosing a hotel is its cleanliness and based on the reviews read here I thought this property would be clean, but it was NOT.

When we first got to the room, I wanted a glass of water. They have glass glasses, but they were not clean glasses. I posted a photo, but because of the glare, it's a little hard to see the spots/smudges.

The next morning when I got up to shower I was greeted by mold and mildew which you can definitely see in the photos. There's no excuse for mildew when all it would take is a little Tilex to clean it up.

Breakfast was ok. I had a biscuit with sausage, a cheese danish and coffee.

Upon returning to the room and seeing it for the first time in daylight, I saw that the bedskirt was stained with some nasty-looking brown substance (see photo). We had 2 beds and were sleeping in the other bed so I tried not to let that bother me.

The next morning we went down to breakfast at 9:15. Breakfast was supposed to be available from 6:30-9:30. There was no milk, no biscuits, and no cheese danishes. I got a cup of coffee, took it to a table and then decided to get a box of dry cereal because they had plenty of that. But by the time I went back to the counter (9:20) it had all been removed, along with all of the fruit. So apparently breakfast until 9:30 really means breakfast until 9:15, and even then, there's not that much.

We returned to the room where I discovered the source of my legs itching during the night. Little black bugs were visible on the white sheets (see photo).

Now if you're still considering staying here, ask for an odd numbered room. The even numbered rooms are on the side bordering the interstate, about 50 yards away, and the big trucks can be heard all night long.

The only good thing I can think of is that the elevator is really fast, but smooth. We were on the 4th floor, but I was never really in a hurry to get back to our room.

Room Tip: If you're still considering staying here, ask for an odd numbered room. The even numbered rooms...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mailbelle
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Clean rooms. Breakfast was so,so due to the fact that only one lady trying to refill breakfast bar.
She continually tried to keep up and with the holiday crowd. It was impossible with out any help for her.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Evelyn C
Hinckley, England
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel was exceptional value for money. Staff were welcoming and friendly, and the room was very clean and spacious. It even had real glasses to drink from! There was a safe as well.
On the downside, this hotel is a little way out of Mobile, and it it is right on Interstate 10.
We had a room facing the car park and really did not notice any noise. Towels were a bit threadbare and the bed was not as comfortable as some other hotels.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the car park
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple