“A Great Place At A Far Price”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West I-10
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is a gem if what you want is is a safe, clean, well run hotel. The staff is friendly and want the stay to be pleasent. The location can put you off, but one can get anywhere in Mobile quickly (especially Airport Road to the North with all the resturants and malls). Acess to the interstates and Bay roads is right there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kansas122

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We had a nice spacious room. The staff was extremely helpful - they were right there to help us with directions to different spots we wanted to see. The bed and room were very clean and comfortable. It looks like a newer building. There was a good selection for breakfast. We asked for a quiet room away from Highway 10 as the highway goes very close to the hotel and we slept well. It had a nice outside pool and good exercise equipment. I loved the nice shower head. There were many places to eat nearby.

Room Tip: If traffic noise bothers you ask for a room away from the highway
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ArdyHugo_MN
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed here on our way home from Florida to Texas. First if you hit "map it" on your phone it takes you way off the beaton path to no where! So don't do that. After being sent off the beaten path I called the hotel and they told me to put "Coca Cola" rd in because they don't have the new road in the GPS system. This hotel is not "new" by any means - there was rust on the metal in the tub so it has to be a couple of years old at least. After finding the hotel we were checked in fine, the room was very warm and humid. We tried all night to get the room cooled down with no luck. Like others have posted the even room #'s are on the highway side and very loud -so try not the stay in an even room # - if you can get your fan to stay on it is not that bad but ours wouldn't stay on. The room is just OK - not a 3 star hotel by any means. We did not eat the breakfast due to all the negative comments posted about that. We went around the corner to an IHOP. Again we stayed here for 1 night. I'm not a picky person when it comes to hotels - just a clean, quiet and cool room is all I ask for - and this did not meat the standards. Someone posted that the sheets were of high quality - not sure what they consider high quality - I could see through ours - thread bare! Also, the towels were very thin. This place is fine for the one night stay for those who are looking for the convieniece of pulling off I-10 and staying the night. They need to get the location correct so people can find it easier - EXIT 15 not 13. We had 3 GPS's and we couldn't find it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cvw74
Reviewed January 23, 2012

This very new hotel has been our main hotel of use for ALL our local guests for the last 2 years. We have hosted church conferences and had out-of-town guests come for a wedding. The ONLY hotel we send them to is THIS Wingate by Wyndham. Management is top notch. Staff is personable. And the breakfast is quite nice.
It is near a busy freeway. And the Tillman's Corner area has highs and lows. But the hotel is without flaw (or if you ever find one, they'll make it right)!

Room Tip: Rooms on the lobby side (front) are quieter than freeway (I-10) side.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank klwalt
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We arrived on a late flight, 12:30 am, the staff at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. We needed a pack n play for my son and they brought it up to our room for us. The next day or fridge didn't work so we called down and the maintenance man came right up. He asked us when a good time would be to bring a new fridge. He was also the shuttle driver who took my mom back to the airport to get our rental car and then stayed there till she got the car so she could follow him back to the hotel. Breakfast wasn't bad. Waffles, bagels, pastries, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereal and coffee. Rooms are clean and quite. Only thing negative is our room faced the interstate so it was a bit noisy but the heater/ac did a good job of drowning it out. The toilet flushed quick and a bit loud too. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank newone83
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We arrived on a late flight, 12:30 am, the staff at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. We needed a pack n play for my son and they brought it up to our room for us. The next day or fridge didn't work so we called down and the maintenance man came right up. He asked us when a good time would be to bring a new fridge. He was also the shuttle driver who took my mom back to the airport to get our rental car and then stayed there till she got the car so she could follow him back to the hotel. Breakfast wasn't bad. Waffles, bagles, pastries, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereal and coffee. Rooms are clean and quite. Only thing negative is our room faced the interstate so it was a bit noisy but the heater/ac did a good job of drowning it out. The toilet flushed quite and a bit loud too. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank rudis04
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We were very pleased with our stay- the room was clean, staff was friendly, and the breakfast was great. I was impressed with how quiet the hotel was, considering to was so close to I-10. We never had any issue with noise. We will stay here again when we are back in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family