“Nice, new, clean hotel, convenient location”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Houston, TX
“Nice, new, clean hotel, convenient location”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We stayed here on our way back to Houston from Disney. The hotel, as other reviewers have stated is brand new, and as you would expect, the rooms and public areas are very nice.

We had two adults and three kids in a double room with fold-out couch. It was perfect for what we needed, a clean comfortable room on a stop-over from a long drive.

The room was clean and spacious, and the beds were very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was good, and the buffet was well stocked with eggs, sausage and bacon, a variety of cereals and pastries, toast, bagels, and make-your-own waffles.

The staff were friendly and helpful with directions. We planned to catch a Mobile Bay Bears minor league ball game, and the front desk clerk was quick to provide a map and directions to Hank Aaron Stadium.

The hotel is convenient to I-10 if you are just passing through, but a little far from town if you plan to do anything else while you're there. We visited the USS Alabama while there and had to backtrack almost 15 miles on I-10.

Unfortunately, there were a couple of black marks to mar an otherwise excellent experience. One of the towels in the bathroom was stained, and appeared as though it might have been left from the previous guest. It was replaced quickly with an apology. Also, as other reviewers have stated, we found food left in the mini refrigerator from a previous guest. I hate to jump to conclusions from one visit, but based on our experience and other reviews this is something they need to address with the housekeeping staff.

Aside from these two slip ups, our stay was great. We'd stay there on our next trip though Mobile.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Royal Palm Beach
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Stayed overnight in Mobile with two adults, one child and one teen. And one small dog. Found La Quinta hotel online. Easy site to make reservations. Hotel was excellent in all categories. Great service, 100% clean and a nice breakfast in the morning. i really appreciated that this hotel is Pet Friendly - no hassle whatsoever and no deposit or fees. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
texas
Reviewed July 5, 2009

we stayed here twice while driving to and from disney. the hotel is new and everything was clean and nicely decorated. the front desk clerk, Amanda, was very friendly and efficient and check in and out was a breeze. the breakfast was above the normal continental breakfast and the hostess kept it stocked even when it got busy. we enjoyed out stay and would recommend it to our friends. its very easy to find off of I-10 with lots of resturants close by also...

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 26, 2009

We were passing through Mobile during a road trip along the gulf coast. So this La Quinta is located perfectly off the interstate. Many restaurants and hotels are located at this highway exit, but I chose La Quinta based on the reviews here.

I prefer staying in king bed rooms, but the cheapest rate I could get at this hotel was for a 2 queen beds room. So upon check in, I thought I would ask about available king rooms. Not only were they happy to accommodate me, but they also upgraded me to the king bed suite. The suite was spacious with a king bed, sitting area, huge desk, fridge, and a wide flat screen. The bathroom also had a flat screen television. The room was very clean and new.

The pool is located behind the hotel, on the side closest to the highway. It looked refreshing on that hot day, but it was too windy for us to justify using. My BF also had issues with the interstate being so close to the pool. (Not a deal breaker for me, and besides, who can really watch us from the highway if they're zooming by at 65 mph)

I know that hotels have various interpretations of a continental breakfast. At the very least, I would expect, cold cereals, pastries/bread, and coffee. To make me happy, it would also include bagels and cream cheese. Make your own waffles are just an extra bonus. Not only did this LQ breakfast have all these, but it also had fruit and hot item choices of eggs, bacon, and sausages (although they weren't exactly piping hot).

The business center consists of a computer, printer, and fax machine, but it served my purposes when I needed to print out a reservation. The wireless internet in the room worked flawlessly. The front desk staff was always friendly, and check out was a breeze. Now I just need a reason to visit Mobile so that I can stay at this La Quinta again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I stayed at this property during Mardi Gras in February 2009. The place was spotless. It took a few minutes to check in. Rooms were spacious and the bed was really nice. The breakfast is nice also with self-made waffles, bacon and breads juices etc. We didn't see the pool with it being winter so we didn't need it. The location is outside Mobile but it is around the corner from WalMart and many food options. The Greyhound Racetrack is not far either. I got a great rate of $69.00. Not bad at all.

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin Rapids, Wi
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We stayed here totally by accident and couldn't have been more pleased if it had been planned. We had stopped at the Holiday Inn but couldn't get a room for 5 people. They suggested we try the new hotel right behind them and boy are we glad that we did. We got a room with 2 Queens and a sofa sleeper which was perfect. The room was very large and comfortable with all the trimmings including of all things a TV in the bathroom. My two grandsons found this to be "Totally Awesome". The continental breakfast was very good with a good selection of items that were fresh and kept stocked. I would definetely recommend this hotel to anyone who was staying in Mobile.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
kferrell1
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Hotel is NEW, clean and nice. Convienent to I-10W. Got great rate from LQ website and discount using sams card. The pool is small, but comfortable for just cooling off after a long day. The hotel NEEDS to get a rug for the enterance from pool side into hotel. It was drizzling and I walked into hotel. Slipped on floor and busted my knee. Went to tell desk clerk but she was on the phone and wouldn't get off. That was the only negative thing to say about this hotel.

Room was clean and I thought it was very comparable to the Hampton Inns that I usually stay inn. Had nice bedding and new furniture. Bathroom had curved shower rod, and marble countertops. Only provided bar of soap and shampoo. No lotion or shower caps that Hamptons would usually provide. Breakfast bar was make your own waffles, dry cereal, fruit, toast, yogurt and pasteries.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family