“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Jacksonville, United States
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the La Quinta Inn Tillsons Corner, Mobile, AL. We had an excellent experience there. The room was excellent, good service, warm and friendly staff, nice breakfast. We will stay at this La Quinta Inn again when traveling in that area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Gwynn P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you, Sandra for the wonderful comments! We love to hear from our guests. I will be sure to let me staff know that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to you coming to visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Watertown, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stopped here because a few days earlier we stayed at a different La Quinta and were extremely pleased. What a difference! This La Quinta cost considerably more than the previous one and nowhere near as nice with fewer amenities to boot! the front desk was efficient but unfriendly and indifferent. I was disappointed to hear they did not have movies to rent in the rooms, but I can understand this as many hotels do not. But not even HBO or similar movie channel? Com'on, even the economy priced (which this certainly is not) hotels can muster up a couple HBO channels. If you're like me and do not sleep well during the wee hours of the night you won't have anything to watch except boring infomercials (or listen to barking dogs). The exercise room did not look nearly as nice as the previous La Quinta - and I didn't see a guest laundry room although I did not inquire about it - they may have one. I understand allowing pets at the hotel and can forgive a few dogs barking in the rooms, and there were plenty all night long - but why not keep them grouped together (or at least on the same floor)? To wear socks in our room and have them completely covered with dog hair after a couple minutes is just plain gross! Very busy carpeting in halls but can still see that it needs cleaning - lots of stains.

The best thing about the stay at this motel was their breakfast and watching Wanda care for it. Her work ethic and sunny attitude made a great start to the day. She did a wonderful job of keeping all breakfast items stocked and fresh - she is to be commended! Best biscuits and grits I've had at a hotel breakfast-

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Gwynn P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
I apologize that you did not feel as though the value was there. We do have HBO. It was channel 77. We are in the process of updating our channel line-up for the rooms. We do have a guest laundry facility on the first floor. I do apologize about the the dogs barking. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast and I will be sure to pass the wonderful comments to Wanda about her breakfast and biscuits. If you are in the area again, we would like for you to stay with us again.
Houston, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The beds were super comfortable, everything about the hotel was immaculately clean, the breakfast was great. The staff was helpful and courteous. I'd highly recommend!! For the GPS, it comes on Coca Cola Street, just an FYI.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Jenni H
Gwynn P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
We love to hear from our guests. Thank you for the wonderful comments. We do apologize that your GPS had trouble finding us. We are trying to look into it and see how we can fix the problem. We look forward to you visiting us again.
tampa, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2014

12/30/13. Recommend this hotel, clean, accepts pets. beds were ok. did not find any "bugs". TV worked . Staff were helpful. If you use a TOM TOM to find location, you might have trouble. Tom Tom does not recconize address.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you John for the great comments. We love to hear how we are doing from our guests! I do apologize that your gps did not recognize our location. I will look into and see if there is anything we can do to correct that. We look forward to you visiting us again.
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed December 25, 2013

After a looong drive into a storm we settled in to this LaQuinta. One reason we chose them is because they accept pets. We were traveling with our dog. From the second I walked in and checked in with Tara, to the moment we left they were more than happy to assist with everything from recommendations of restaurants to giving me directions the next morning. Sorry I did not get his name. Tip: The mexican restaurant across the street was VERY good and reasonable. Azteca. Breakfast was prepared properly and was tasty. The lady who prepared it has such a great personality the food could have been bad and we would have been happy. She is a delight. The room was clean, wi-fi was fast and tv crisp. Bed was comfy too. I will say this was an excellent experience. We will stay here again next month.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Gwynn P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you, Don for the wonderful comments. We love hearing from our guests. I will be sure and pass on the wonderful comments to my staff. Once again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again next month.