“The Best Night's Sleep Ever”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“The Best Night's Sleep Ever”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've been traveling a great deal over the last 7 months and staying at La Quinta's whenever possible. This is without a doubt one of the best! Excellent front desk service, an awesome room and a bed I didn't want to leave. Thanks all for making my stay, though brief, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank micarath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
New Jersey
Reviewed November 4, 2012

As we were traveling with our dog we requested first floor, corner room. When we arrived the desk clerk apologized that she couldn't give us a corner room but did put us one room from an exit door to make it easier for us. In seven hotel stays during this trip, this is the only hotel that would give us a tray to take breakfast back to our room so we didn't have to leave our dog alone in the room. The room was clean, staff very nice, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Janneykins
Lake Jackson, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2012

What a nice hotel to come to after a long day of traveling. Hotel is up to date and very clean. My room was an oversized king that was very comfortable. Nice big flat screen tv, even the bathroom had a flatscreen mounted on the wall. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lillian, Alabama
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This our second stay at this same motel...the first was a nice surprise other than breakfast that was virtually gone when we arrived and NO offers of refills. We were there about 7 am so it wasn't like we were at the end of the line.This second visit almost floored us. There was a table of approximately 8 men playing illegal poker at night) in the coffeeroom. We might not have even noticed if they weren't jumping all around try to hide the money! Arrived at our room only to find dust everywhere! The computer again and still no luck.We called down again...This time she said "Well everyone else in here is using theirs and I don't know why you can't. Then she told my daughter to bring it downstairs and they would check it when they could...We said okay to this request but we finally got it fixed on our own. The dust on the computer table had not been cleaned for at least several days. Boy....will this ever be our LAST stay at La Quinta. Too bad though cause we had earned our first free room for our next stay. Also would like to say good morning to "someones' lady of the night." Please let me know where you got that outfit!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank seagurl59
New Iberia, Louisiana
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We opened the door to our room and realized immediately that we'd forgotten to ask for a non-smoking room. I called the front desk to tell them our room smelled badly of cigarette smoke and asked to be moved to a non-smoking room. I was told that ALL the rooms were non smoking, but that she would move us to a different room. When we went down to the desk to get a key card for the new room, my husband chuckled and said, "we're really not trying to be difficult." The clerk never looked up from what she was doing or acknowledged that he had spoken. After a couple of minutes she walked across to another area behind the desk and began preparing our new key card and receipt. She handed my husband a new receipt to sign and a new key card, and never said a word to us - HOW RUDE! What's more the second room smelled even more horribly of cigarette smoke. We felt we had no choice but to put up with it, but it made me sick to my stomach. I will never stay at this hotel again, and would not recommend it to anyone but smokers.

• Stayed October 2012
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 Thank RebekahJP
lq6070gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
We are a 100% smoke free facility. We would hope that guests do not smoke in our rooms, but from time to time this does happen, and we go throught our cleaning proscess to clean the room from the smoking odor. I am sorry you had this experience and would hope to earn your buisness again.