“Great Price, Great Hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Price, Great Hotel”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We were running late. The desk called to verify that we still needed our room and held it for us. The room was quiet and clean, the bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast. For the money, don't think this can be beat.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed here on our way to and from North Carolina. When I made reservations three weeks prior, I called and asked for 2 rooms with 2 double beds. I called again the week before we left to make sure that we had the 2 rooms, each with 2 double beds. I was told that we were confirmed. When we got there, we had 2 suites with one king bed in each one and a very uncomfortable fold out couch. We were told that they were fully booked so they would not be able to help us with the double room problem. The person at the front desk was very nice but we were annoyed that we had been assured of the double rooms only to get rooms with one bed. We were also charged a suite rate rather than the lower double room rate. I asked them to please make sure that we had 2 double rooms the following week when we returned. The next week we came back and did have the double rooms but one of the rooms had a big wet spot on one of the beds. It looked like water had been spilled. We called and they came in to change the sheets. They were going to leave the damp comforter on and we had to request that they please change that as well.
I also found a Little Ceasar's Ranch Dressing (unopened, thank goodness) on the floor by one of the beds.
The staff is very nice and helpful, but the stay was just average.

1 Thank Gayle880
Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I would stay here again. The rooms were in goood condition and clean. There was an issue with one of the towels loaded being loaded with dark hair that spead out in the bathroom when I took the towel off the rack (yuck). The staff was very friendly and I would rate the complimentary breakfast above average. I did encounter one horrible experience; I was driving a rental truck and towing a car and discovered too late the parking lot is narrow with only one entrance...I was trapped. It took two professional truck drivers to get me out, can't thank them enough. If you are towing anything, driving a big truck or RV don't enter the hotel driveway. Otherwise, a great place to stay.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have stayed here four times when we've needed to stop at Mobile on a road trip. The hotel is clean and pleasant and the staff is helpful. The rooms never smell doggy, unlike some pet friendly places. it is an easy, well kept place if you are traveling with your pets. convenient breakfast in the morning. one suggestion: Get take out or eat at Neighbors, a seafood restaurant nearby. We tried it this last time and I could have kicked myself for not trying it earlier. much better than the pizza we had delivered to the hotel the time before. A well run La Quinta, comfortable beds, easy place to stop.

2 Thank FlaTravlers
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at this La Quinta 3 nights ago, where I thought everything would be clean. BUT....I was wrong. My 8 year old daughter and I were bitten by fleas and still have the bites 3 days later. I think we got them in the bed that we shared. My husband was not bitten but slept in the other bed. Knowing our whereabouts of the days preceding our stay, this is the only place we could have been bitten. I called the hotel to let managment know and the front desk manager, so far (7 hours later), has not called me back. So, I am leaving this review. Otherwise, the hotel was very nice. The bathrooms were big and the towels were nice. The sheets were a little scratchy, but this could have been the fleas! Nice service, until today. I hate complaining but come on!

Room Tip: Avoid pet friendly hotels