La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewstraveling with petsroom was cleana pet friendly hotelwafflesbiscuitshot breakfastpleasant stayfrom texasbellingrath gardensdauphin islandeasy accessmobile areawould stay here againoff the highwaybreakfast barnice breakfasthousekeeping staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We arrived around midnight and had to wait a few minutes to be let in the locked front door. The room was clean and well appointed. Breakfast (usual continental fare plus bacon, sausage, eggs, and biscuits) was very good in the morning. Would stay again if in the area. Make sure to book online as that rate was significantly less when we stayed.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank John G
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Located just a few minutes outside Mobile, Alabama, this hotel is a great place to stay if youi are going to be visiting Bellingrath Gardens! When I arrived the friendly desk clerk had my reservation and I was checked-in quickly. My room on the third floor was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The bed was neatly made and comfortable, the bathroom was clean with marble countertops and a nice shower massage. The room had a desk, and chair, a sitting area with chair, lamp and coffee table, a mini frig, microwave and a coffee maker.

I was meeting friends here and we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Anything you asked they tried to accomodate you. The internet service was great and easy to log-on to.

I have only a few complaints about this place. The desk chair in my room was very uncomfortable. I didn't sit in in more than once or twice. I found it more comfortable to bring my laptop to the other chair and sit in front of the coffee table. Also, most hotels have a few complimentary toiletries in the bathroom. This one only had shampoo. The free continental breakfast was not great, but adequate. There was a decent amount of selection, some fruit and yogurt was avaiable in addition to the eggs and sausage and biscuits. The staff working there was kind and very helpful and the dining room was comfortable.

All in all I had a great experience at this hotel and would recommend it to others who are coming to Bellingrath Gardens as a great bargain for you money and a good location next to a number of eating establishments and Interstate 10.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank pecten56
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This hotel was great. Price was reasonable, facilities were clean, guest services wee friendly. The only 'complaint' I have is that I booked this hotel rather than the other La Quinta in Mobile because of the hot tub. When I arrived it was not working. I was told by the front desk that it broke a couple of days earlier, that the part had not arrived yet. Not that it is anyone's fault in particular, but I would have chosen the other property that was more conveniently located for my trip and saved a few $$ except for the tub. Breakfast was excellent! And I appreciate so much that La Quinta allows pets and does not charge enough for an extra room for them. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: We had room 208, which was nice, clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelbrad_2000
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We wanted to stay close to Bellingrath Gardens, and we were very pleased with our stay, even though they don't heat the pool in the winter. The service was good, the breakfast was good, the room was clean and comfy. But it was hard to find. CALL AHEAD and ask what to put in your GPS so you can find it!

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask what to put in your GPS because this place is really hard to find at first. You can't ask for a good room if you can't find the place!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GoodKarmaTraveler
Reviewed January 12, 2012

the price was good, the place is new and clean, and the front desk service was great. My only compliant is that we could hear footsteps from the room above (I guess it's frame construction instead of concrete).

Room Tip: choose a room on the top floor so you don't have footsteps from rooms above you
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple