La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Montrose, Colorado
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This hotel was great. Price was reasonable, facilities were clean, guest services wee friendly. The only 'complaint' I have is that I booked this hotel rather than the other La Quinta in Mobile because of the hot tub. When I arrived it was not working. I was told by the front desk that it broke a couple of days earlier, that the part had not arrived yet. Not that it is anyone's fault in particular, but I would have chosen the other property that was more conveniently located for my trip and saved a few $$ except for the tub. Breakfast was excellent! And I appreciate so much that La Quinta allows pets and does not charge enough for an extra room for them. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: We had room 208, which was nice, clean and comfortable
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelbrad_2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bandon, OR
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We wanted to stay close to Bellingrath Gardens, and we were very pleased with our stay, even though they don't heat the pool in the winter. The service was good, the breakfast was good, the room was clean and comfy. But it was hard to find. CALL AHEAD and ask what to put in your GPS so you can find it!

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask what to put in your GPS because this place is really hard to find at first. You c...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GoodKarmaTraveler
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2012

the price was good, the place is new and clean, and the front desk service was great. My only compliant is that we could hear footsteps from the room above (I guess it's frame construction instead of concrete).

Room Tip: choose a room on the top floor so you don't have footsteps from rooms above you
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jarred W
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed December 24, 2011

This is one of the few times it's great that your GPS can't find the hotel -- it means it's new, which is fabulous as everything is in tip-top condition, from the carpets, to the beds, to the air-conditioning unit, to the bathrooms.

The rates they're charging are already reasonable but we had a coupon and paid $70 and were so pleased with the room. The design and color scheme of this hotel was modern and subdued, making it look more like a 4-star than a 3-star hotel. The towels at this hotel were so fluffy and thick, you'd think you're at a luxury hotel. A great touch was that each room had a fridge and microwave oven cleverly hidden in the TV stand/ chest of drawers. Despite being just off the I-10, the area was quiet and we had a great night's sleep.

Check-in was quick and easy, the staff were polite, friendly and lovely to our dog -- one of the ladies gave my dog bacon! They weren't kidding when they say Southern hospitality is amazing.

1 Thank absolute_alex
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed December 22, 2011

The employees, specifically mike and ryan were AESOME representatives. Ryan assisted me with arriving at the hotel with directions and stayed on the phone with me. The room I requested online was not was I checked into, however, Michael was able to accomodate my needs and relocate my family.

The only other minor thing was the guest below my room kept banging on the ceiling because of my two year old nefew. The employees were very generous in assisting both guest with this matter. I would just recommend that families with smaller children stay on the bottom level.

Lastly, I drove all the way home and realized I left my laptop charger in the hotel. Michael immediately put it in the mail for me and I received it 2 days later. :-)

Room Tip: I would just recommend that families with smaller children stay on the bottom level.
1 Thank Kyanna M
Arizona
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our way from Florida to Arizona and we are glad we did! We were traveling with our yellow lab and chose this hotel chain because they welcome pets. This La Quinta was by far the best hotel we stayed in and sets the standards that all other La Quintas (and many other chains) should aspire to. The staff is helpful, friendly and happy. They genuinely seem to enjoy working here. The hotel is two years old but seems new. The rooms are spotless and have many amenities you might expect in more expensive hotels. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this property to anyone needing to stay in Mobil.

1 Thank 1AZAdventurer
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 13, 2011

In town to visit relatives and needed a place to stay. The family members said they weren't sure about staying in Tillman's Corner but we weren't willing to pay double the price to be 3 minutes closer to their house. We were very happy with our decision. The hotel staff was nice. We didn't notice any security issues. The rooms were pretty clean and comfortable. AND we were able to stay for twice as long for the same price. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when we are in the area.

2 Thank DV-Prez