I stayed 3 total nights for a conference in the area. After a day and a half, I began to itch on my legs, arms, and back. This continued past my checkout date. I noticed red bites on these places, with minimal swelling. As I checked out a man was at the front desk stating he had found streaks of blood on his sheets and was concerned about bed bugs.
After I left, I traveled to the beach with friends and family. I had to stop at the nearest store to purchase Benadryl and Cortaid. While my bites are better, I am still not completely over the itching and redness-8 days later.
Wanting no compensation, but wanting to simply inform the hotel, was met with an undue resistance to there ever being any issues with bed bugs there. When I reminded the manager of the conversation I overheard at my checkout, it only made my own complaint more invalid, as far as she was concerned. She reported having my room checked, with no concerns. She told me I must have gotten them at another hotel or on my flight-which I had neither. After calling to tell me yet for the 3rd time that I was mistaken that I had had any issues there, and must have gotten 'something from another stay or church', I politely ended the call quickly.
While I would not accuse the hotel of having bed bugs, I do know that my itching, redness, swelling, and this spreading to my own child were real for me.
Whatever happened to the thought of what's real to me, could/should be real to you? Check it out carefully before tucking your toes under their covers....
As for the free internet, it worked only 1 night, but took my colleague and I several calls to get it to work. The other nights I had to do my business work through family at home since the Internet didn't work-which was complicated and time-consuming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hampton Inn & Suites in Downtown Mobile, Alabama. Located within walking distance of all attractions and restaurants in downtown Mobile. Only 1/2 mile from the Mobile Cruise Terminal and located directly on the parade route for Mardi Gras! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Mobile/Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown Hotel Mobile
- Hampton Inn Mobile