“First time and was nice stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
New York City, New York
“First time and was nice stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Have previously stayed at another property, in the downtown area when visiting the Mobile in the past. This is a fairly new property and everything during the stay was nice. The front desk staff was friendly and very accommodating re: my request to take the stairs to/from my room. The room was clean and spacious. The one small issue was that they do not have luggage racks in any of the rooms.

Would recommend this property and stay here again on future trips to the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MOBDT, Stephanie Ward, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted you chose Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown for your recent visit to Mobile and are happy to hear you enjoyed our clean, spacious rooms and friendly staff. We know you could have stayed anywhere and appreciate you choosing us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Every employee at this hotel was wonderful. I stayed here for 36 nights as part of a relocation from Hawaii. Because of the length of my stay, I was upgraded to a top floor suite, away from the noise of the bars and restaurant on the Royal Street side of the building. The room was huge; work desk with two chairs and FREE high-speed internet, easy chair, sofa, coffee table, two end tables, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, two queen beds, dressing area and great shower. I had a full length balcony overlooking the intersection of Royal and Conti Streets, which would be great for Mardi Gras or New Year's Eve.

The daily breakfast was very good; omelets and meat every morning with waffles, sweet rolls, bagels, assorted cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, juices, coffee and milk. Some mornings were a little too crowded due to some of the guests sitting there talking for hours rather than leaving so others could sit down, but that as only a few times.

Parking was simple and convenient, although expensive. For those like me who work at the Federal building, it as only a three-block walk past Bienville Square to the office, so I was able to come home for lunch every day. I strolled down Dauphin Street most evenings for dinner, a leisurely ten to fifteen minute trip to a wide selection of restaurants.

I cannot say enough about the ready smiles and constantly pleasant attitudes of the entire staff; from the front desk to the maids to the breakfast staff. Everyone I encountered greeted me as if I was an old family friend each and every time I passed them. Mobile is widely known for its southern gentility, but this was beyond anything I have ever witnessed. These folks really know how to take care of travelers.

Room Tip: Higher is better and something not overlooking Royal Street and the bars and restaurant there.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MOBDT, Stephanie Ward, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful endorsement of Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown! We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your recent experience as a guest of our hotel. After 36 days with us, you are a part of our family! Our team strives to deliver an enjoyable experience during each guest’s stay, so we’ll be sure to pass on your feedback to the Hampton Team. We are so glad you found the hotel’s features to your liking including our Complimentary On the House Breakfast™ Buffet, spacious suite with microwave & refrigerator and free WIFI to name a few. And remember, even though we’re not far from your new home, we’re still a great option for Mardi Gras or New Year’s Eve! Again, thank you for staying at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown and please call on us if we can ever help you in the future.
Birmingham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Very comfortable, Great Location!!! Our group had four college age females, one of which complained about EVERYTHING, except the room. The room and the stay was a birthday gift for my child. The staff was GREAT during their stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MOBDT, Sales Manager, Stephanie Ward at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. What a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday! We are delighted you chose Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown while in town for the Pentatonix Concert. We know you could have stayed anywhere and appreciate you choosing us. We hope to see you again soon!
Houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was extremely happy with the size and state of the room. The hotel exceeded my expectations. The room was simple but well maintained and very spacious. The hotel is located perfectly for all downtown events. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful endorsement of Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown! We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your recent experience as a guest of our hotel. As you noticed, we’re not your average Hampton. Our hotel is only one of eight hotels in the country built on this rendering which lends a more upscale feel to the property. We have a great location in Mobile’s Historic Downtown that is within walking distance to area attractions, nightlife and 25+ restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Pass Christian, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Everything about this hotel is great, unless you are placed in a room on the lower floor(s) on the south end and want a nights sleep without having outside light night bar noise until the wee hours. As well, the elevator motors can be heard, we suspect from every room when running. You hear an electrical motor done

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank VBjohn51
MOBDT, Sales Manager, Stephanie Ward at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown. We hope you’ll consider us for any future trips to the Mobile area. As always, safe travels.
Valparaiso, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

62 South Royal St
Mobile, AL 356602
(251) 436-8787

Located just one-block from Government Rd, near the Water St. exit from I-10, my recent visit to the apparently brand-new Hampton Inn & Suites was a pleasant one. The staff at the check-in had my key and parking pass ($9/night) ready within a few minutes. The ship's agent had arranged for my colleague from Korea to stay here, so I found a room too. Finding this place can be a real trick. The only signage visible from northbound Royal at street level is that of the Quiznos Subs, also listed as 62 South Royal. The Hampton Inn sign is ten feet up, on the northeast side of the building. So by the time you realize it, you've passed "Conti Street" the one-way street which takes you to check-in and parking. This could be better, a lot better.

After checking in, I was able to park the car in the roomy lot and was pleased to find my room with clean and modern bathroom and tub. They have a nice work desk and my room came with a refrigerator. There is a typical "Hampton" breakfast available in the morning, starting at 0600. Stick to waffles, cereal, fruit and yogurt as the eggs, ham and sausage are factory fresh, and re-heated in an oven.

The friendly front desk agent was able to furnish some detergent for me ($1/box of Tide) as I was in a panic to get some clothing washed for my extended visit. The "one-and-only" guest laundry room is located on the 2nd floor, but to my amazement had only a single washer and dryer! Who in the world figured this out? Remember that this seven (7) story hotel has 149 guest rooms, and only a single washing machine. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers was having a conference there, and believe me there was a long line forming to gain access to the aforementioned room. For comparison, the Hampton Inn in our fair city has 77 units, with a single washer/dryer.

I was clearly disappointed with the poor Internet at this facility. One morning we had an important client that needed three documents by E-mail. They were not that large, about 3 MB. each, but the transfer rate was only 5 Mbps. It took over twenty (20) minutes for me to send these documents. Another time I had a large document that I had to send to the home office. The transfer was so slow that it failed completely after 25 minutes each time. In-between trips to the now famous laundry room on the 2nd floor, I gave up after the third attempt. I finally had to use my ATT air-card which delivered the document at 45 Mbps, this time a success. I tried both the wireless and the furnished wired CAT-5 connection with similar horrible results.

In conclusion the Hampton is a friendly place, but a warning: it's extremely pricy. At $139 ($19.51 taxes) to $150 ($21 taxes) per night during my stay, the hotel price is in the stratosphere for the city the size of Mobile. The US-GSA maximum Per-Diem rate for Mobile in December is $86. How they can justify charging twice (2x) the US-GSA rate is a mystery. The high prices downtown will just push the folks out to the I-65 corridor near Airport Rd.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
MOBDT, Stephanie Ward, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent guest experience with the Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown on TripAdvisor. Our service team takes great pride in our hotel and we were pleased to read that you found the check-in process to be efficient and that you enjoyed the room’s spacious work desk and in-room microwave and refrigerator. We make every attempt to ensure that our guests enjoy a pleasant and rewarding experience when staying at our property and it is the invaluable insight delivered by our guests such as you that make all the difference. As with many downtown locations navigating the one way streets in a new city can be a bit challenging. I was very disappointed to read that you felt that our internet was lacking in speed, as we upgraded our internet speed in 2013 and the positive feedback from our guests has been exciting. With regards to rates, we have different plans that are based upon availability and some rates may include perks like double Hilton Honors points, hence a higher rate. Thank you again for your constructive feedback. We truly appreciate you staying with us during your trip to Mobile and hope to see you again soon.
missouri city, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

easy access. Staff very helpful. Clean rooms and good breakfast for adults and children. Adequate parking for your vehicle. Restaurants close by and close to battleship alabama for touring. Would recommend staying there and would do it again when in Mobile.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MOBDT, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
We are delighted you chose Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown while stopping through in Mobile. Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and proximity to area attractions, like USS Alabama, are among the many reasons to choose our hotel. We know you could have stayed anywhere and appreciate you choosing us.