“Great Place to stay downtown on Royal Street”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
“Great Place to stay downtown on Royal Street”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel allows for easy access to the downtown Mobile area (.25 mile walk to Dauphin St). The rooms are very secure as well as the parking lot. Room was exceptionally clean as always and the breakfast is a great addition especially for early morning rush. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and the Causeway is a 2 mi drive

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MOBDT, Sales Manager, Stephanie Ward at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. As you mentioned, the downtown location of our hotel affords easy access to areas of interest including dining and shopping. We encourage our guests to visit our front desk for ideas on things to do and dining suggestions. In addition, you can visit mydowntownmobile.com to keep up to date on current events next time you’re planning a trip to the area. The complimentary breakfast at Hampton Inn & Suites is always a plus. For guests on a tight schedule we have a breakfast-to-go bag too. We understand you can stay anywhere in Mobile and thank you choosing Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown. Safe travels and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Lake Jackson, Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a nice hotel in a great location. Stayed here on a business trip and was glad I did. The hotel is extremely nice, comfortable, clean and located in the heart of downtown within walking distance to anything you want to do. The staff was very inviting and made sure I enjoyed my stay. The breakfast was more than expected for a free breakfast. Parking was secure and easy to access. I will be staying here again!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. We are delighted you chose Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown while on travel for business in Mobile. Our downtown location enables guests to truly experience the flavor of the city. With art galleries, shopping and over 25 restaurants within walking distance, one may not even need to take the car out of the hotel parking. We’re happy to see that our breakfast surpassed your expectations. With over 15 different items on our buffet, from fruit and yogurt to a make-your-own waffle station, there’s something for everyone. We appreciate you choosing us and hope to see you again soon.
United States
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was please to be in such an immaculate hotel at a very reasonable price. The rooms were spacious ( upgraded suite), the hotel had plenty of amenities which were well received by everyone in my travel party. The beds were also extremely comfortable. I could not have asked for a better stay. I mentioned in a survey the only small complaint was the faint smell of bleach once you entered the room. I am not a fan of bleach but it was not to the point that it was unbearable. Overall very quiet, and 4 star atmosphere will most def bring me back to this location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MOBDT, Sales Manager, Stephanie Ward at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the amenities offered at Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Mobile. Our hotel offers many complimentary features such as our On the House Breakfast buffet, wireless and wired internet access and outdoor pool. We understand you can stay anywhere in Mobile and appreciate you choosing us. As always, safe travels!
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Spent a week at the Hampton Inn and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is clean, quiet, and the staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was decent sized with plenty of seating. Each day, the breakfast consisted of a wide variety of both hot and cold items. The breakfast attendants were very friendly and super efficient. Please do not forget to provide them with a token of your appreciation for the hard work they undertake to make your stay enjoyable. The hotel's location can't be beat. It is close to many different restaurants, bars, and parks. I had a wonderful time in Mobile and at the Hampton. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pulpoeater
MOBDT, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We love hearing feedback! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our team takes great pride in delivering superior service and food quality to our guests. As soon as we saw your review we hand delivered a printed copy to the breakfast team to display in the prep area for all team members to see. It’s reviews like yours that help keep the service spirit alive. And for lunch and dinner, guests can benefit from our central downtown location and walk to over 25 area restaurants to experience local flavor. We look forward to your return!
B'ham
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Nice hotel, but we had some problems.

- There is a "biker" bar next to the hotel. So lovely trying to sleep with the sounds of Harleys.

- The elevators are very slow. My wife asked where stairs are, and was told "they only go down". Fascinating.

- As usual nowadays, wifi Internet speeds are incredibly slow.

- Fairly small, dim flat panel TV.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank REtraveler
HamptonInnMobile, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown for your recent lodging needs. I sincerely appreciate your feedback. We make every attempt to ensure that our guests enjoy a pleasant and rewarding experience when staying at our property and it is the invaluable insight delivered by our guests such as you that make all the difference. We know that your time is valuable. Please accept my sincere apologies for the time spent waiting on our elevators. Our hotel is equipped with stairs, however for security reasons coupled with our downtown location, the stairs are only accessible from the levels that have guest rooms. As there are multiple emergency exits on the main floor and the first floor is public space only. I was very disappointed to read that you felt that our internet was lacking in speed, as we just recently upgraded our internet speed in 2013 and the positive feedback from our guests has been exciting. If there is anything we can do to make amends for not meeting your overall expectations, please let me know at your earliest convenience. I am only a phone call away, 251.436.8787. Thank you again for your constructive feedback. It would be my team’s pleasure to have you as a guest again in the future.
Missouri City, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for one night on our drive home from Disney World. We love Hampton Inns. We knew we were going to be late, so we called to let them know we would be checking in late. They told us this was not a problem. We got in around 10pm. We made this reservation months in advanced. When we arrived check-in seemed to have gone well. I went up with my 2 kids and my best friend's son who was traveling with us. When we walked in the room, it smelled of thick smoke. It claimed to be a non-smoking room, but there is no way. The smoke smell was deep, and could not have been from one incident. When I called down to the lobby, I was told that it was a non-smoking room, and that was all they had. I sat there for a few minute wondering what to do. The kids were starting to fill sick. I realized quickly there was no way we could stay in this room. I called down again, and she told me it was only for one night. At this point my husband comes up. He is not as picky as I am, but he agrees we can't stay in this room. He goes down and talks to the lady at the front desk, and I call Hilton. Miraculously after I called Hilton, and my husband went down they found us a lovely non-smoking room. It was very unfortunately that the lady at the front desk treated us this way when they indeed had another room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AngelaNicoleJ
MOBDT, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to Hampton Inns and for selecting Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown for your overnight stay in Mobile. We strive to create a smooth check-in for our guests and know it is especially important after traveling long hours with family. I understand the condition of your room upon check-in was of concern and sincerely regret the frustrations you experienced with the smoke. Our guests’ feedback is a valuable tool and we encourage our guests to notify us as soon as possible if anything is not up to their expectations. I invite you to reach out to me directly at 251.436.8787 if I can be of any assistance.

Respectfully,

Stephanie Ward, Sales Manager
Mobile, AL
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed here Feb 3rd thru 6th for Mardi Gras.
Staff, as always, is very courteous and helpful.
The room was clean and comfortable and housekeeping was very attentive to our needs.
We had a 3rd floor room with a balcony facing Royal Street, perfect for watching the Mardi Gras parades.
Complimentary breakfast every morning was fantastic and ready at or before advertised time. Check-in and checkout were a breeze.
Thanks to all who always make our annual stays pleasant.
See y’all again next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnMobile, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
What a wonderful review of our property! There is no greater compliment than a guest who chooses to stay with our hotel on repeat occasions. Our team loved to hear that you enjoyed your balcony room overlooking Royal Street during your recent Mardi Gras stay. Be on the look out for information on our Facebook page for the start date to book your 2014 Mardi Gras stay with us, as the balcony rooms on Royal Street are the first to sell out. Thank you again for the positive review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.