“Great place to stay in Mobile”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Very nice Hotel, clean and up to date rooms with all you need for yourselves and the family. Nicely located downtown Mobile with plenty of things to do and close to many other things around here. Very friendly staff with very helpful knowledge about where to eat (Spot of Tea you need to try for breakfast, though the Hotel has a very good breakfast buffet as well) and what to do. Very friendly and always helpful. If we're back to Mobile, we'll certainly be back at the Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for the 7th floor rooms - very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed April 11, 2011

I stayed here for a business meeting for a week and have never been more disappointed in a Hampton Inn. When I arrived to check in, I had to wait two and a half hours for a room, and there was nothing for me to do but sit in the lobby. Once I finally got my room, I was very happy with it. The room was spacious and very clean. However, I was on the second floor, and the elevator motor was so loud that it kept me awake until people stopped using the elevator, and then woke me up again as soon as the first person used the elevator in the morning... at 4am. When I spoke to the front desk, they acknowledged that this had been a problem in the past. So why are they making people pay for rooms they can't sleep in?? They promised to move me so I went to work, only to find out later I was moved two rooms down and it was even louder!! At this point I was disgusted and they were sold out, so they made me pay for five sleepless nights. The management was very apologetic, but it's horrible that they would even book these rooms when you cannot sleep in them. It really is a shame, because the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and the hotel was new. I will not be staying there next year, or ever again. They should really think twice before making people pay for rooms they can't sleep in. It's bad business, and has changed my view of the entire chain.

Room Tip: Stay away from second floor
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank SteelersGal85
HamptonInnMobile, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Thank you very much for your recent honest review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for your disappointing stay. Our guests' comfort and satisfaction are our priority and we strive every day to not only meet but exceed our guests' expectations. In your case, we fell short in our commitment to you.
I appreciate you taking the time to notify our staff of your dissatisfaction and allowing us to relocate you. I am sorry that we were unable to move you to a quieter location during your stay due to the hotel being sold out. I would like to assure you that your concerns have been taken very seriously and would appreciate the opportunity to make it right. Please feel free to contact me your your convenience at the hotel.
Thank you again. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely.
Justine Burbank
Sales Manager

Reviewed April 10, 2011

We had one of the #17 suites which are absolutely huge, with a wraparound balcony overlooking the street. Everything is new and the staff are very helpful. Their recommendations for coffee (Serda's) and dinner (The Royal Scam) were excellent. I would suggest that the hotel change their cleanser as the suite smells unpleasantly of bleach when you first walk in. And maybe it was just us, but we found the area almost derelict and not where we wanted to be to explore Mobile.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnMobile, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown Historic District and your recent experience as a guest. I was thrilled to see that you enjoyed your king suite and the wrap around balcony. The balcony feature is one of my favorite parts of the design of the hotel.

It was pleasing to read your review of the level of service received from our staff, as well as your positive feedback on their personal restaurant recommendations. We find it extremely important for our staff to experience a restaurant or attraction before recommending it to our guests. Afterall, it is our goal for you to have a wonderful visit to our beautiful city.

Hopefully, you can plan a return trip to Downtown Mobile in conjunction with a special event such as Mardi Gras, Beerfest, Arts Alive or Bayfest. As these special events, as well as many others keep the streets festive and packed with things to do in the downtown area.

We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Theresa Wilson

Reviewed April 9, 2011

a very good chain hotel. good location - walking distance to main places (except USS Alabama - but it is outside the town itself).
clean. was a bit surprised by paper plates and plastic covers...
they also have parking for 10$ a night

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 12, 2011

We chose this hotel in Mobile based on other reviews I read on TripAdvisor, and they were right on the mark. We have no complaints, but plenty of praises for this hotel. We wanted a hotel close to the cruise ship pier, and a hotel that would allow us to park our car in their lot for the duration of our cruise. This hotel filled that need, and more. It was very clean, with a friendly, hometown atmosphere. The staff treated like we had been friends for a long time! Theresa went well beyond the call of duty to help me find dental floss, I followed her advice, and found what I needed.
We did hear a little street noise, only because this hotel is downtown, with lots of traffic, but the noise was not bad at all.
On the morning of our cruise, there was a limo standing by to take us to the pier ($5 per person fee, very reasonable, and he was at the pier waiting when we came off the ship. We could not have asked for better service!
We would highly recommend this hotel, especially for a cruise/park package!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank phyllisthomas
Reviewed February 10, 2011

What is qualifying hotels to receive a 4* rating these days? Because, no lie, this hotel was exponentially nicer than the 4* we stayed at night before. So clean, so new and nice. As always, Hampton in is worth the money due to the extra amenities such as breakfast and internet. Also the hotel self-parking is only $9 here. Not bad.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 9, 2011

This is a very comfortable hotel. I moved to a different Hampton close to the airport for my second night in Mobile because of an early morning flight. When I noticed I'd left my cosmetic bag at the downtown Hampton, I contacted the property and the manager Robert volunteered to drive it over. What service!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business