All reviews beautiful courtyard rocking chairs record player character and charm historic rooms courtyard room new orleans style chain hotels gas lights unique hotel four poster bed piece of history dauphin street cookie cutter old south civil war carriage house
Selected filters
Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed this beautiful inn. The staff was extremely kind. Breakfast was very good. Breakfast included eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, grits, fruit, yogurt, coffee, apple and orange juice. This location is great, located in the historic end. The only complaint I have was that our room was next to smokers. The smell lingered into our room. Other than that, I will stay at this charming inn again.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed June 7, 2019

We checked in to this beautiful old hotel and were greated with a welcoming smile. The location is great. You can walk to the stores and restaurants in minutes. The rooms are dated, as we expected for an old hotel. There are no refridgerators, so bring a cooler. The courtyard is beautiful. We sat out there at night. The shower was very good but it could use a soap holder and towel rack.We found out that the shops are closed on Sunday and Monday but dinner at the Wintzell's Oyster House made up for it. We will saty here any time we arepassing through.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
malagainn359, Owner at Malaga Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

James R, thank you so much for the kind words. I am so glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are passing through.
Warm Regards,
Jordan

Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is in a very nice historic building. The rooms are located around a pretty courtyard with a little fountain and flowers. Our room was spacious and clean, the staff at reception was very friendly and the breakfast was ok.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2019

Beautiful, quaint inn right in the heart of Mobile. Easy walking distance to restaurants, shopping and a lovely park.
Three staff members stood out as exceptional. Tiffany and Nikeria at the front desk were especially helpful and pleasant, providing maps for easy walks into downtown. Kayla prepared breakfast on our last visit and went the extra mile to provide food that accommodated my milk allergy. Kudos to all these young ladies!
The pillows and mattress were without a doubt the best I've ever had in a hotel/Inn. I slept incredibly peaceful.

Room tip: Room 307 was fabulous

Theresa H,
Thank you for your review. Our staff is the best, aren't they? We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
Warm Regards,
Jordan

Reviewed May 26, 2019

Although the hotel is beautiful my husband and I disliked the breakfast. We felt that for staying at a bed and breakfast we expected something more than an average hotel breakfast. Breakfast opens at 8:30 and by 9 there wasn’t much left. What was left was slightly better than an average continental breakfast.

The hotel is also loud. Granted it’s old so maybe that’s a given but you can hear people’s conversations in the room next to you as well as outside. Definitely not an ideal detail to realize when you arrive for a romantic getaway.

The maid service is not amazing either. All they do is make the bed and don’t change out towels. I hoped to have dry towels the next day after my shower but were not provided the opportunity.

I did love the location. There were several great restaurants and bars and pretty parks in walking distance.

Room tip: Enjoyable with correct expectations
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
malagainn359, Owner at Malaga Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Hi Lindsey, I am so sorry you felt that we missed the mark. The breakfast we offer is a full breakfast as advertised. We are not a bed and breakfast; we're a family inn. If your towels are left hanging up that signals to the housekeeper that you do not want fresh towels. Many hotels are now doing this to save on water. I hope you come back to again to give us a second try. Your experience might be different the next time. We can also try and put you in a room that's more secluded. The courtyard rooms are a little louder than the ones in the main house.
We wish you the best,