All reviews convention center river view mobile bay parking garage very nice hotel floor to ceiling windows the concierge lounge ordered room service high floor moon pie battleship alabama within walking distance corner room the hotel staff mardi gras downtown area self park
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2019

Nice hotel for conference during Mardi Gras. Front desk staff were attentive and rooms were clean. Rooms may be starting to show their age but clean and well stocked. Great location in Mobile to walk the city. Many bars and restaurants near.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay at the Renaissance Riverview. I live in Mobile but like to stay downtown for my Mardi Gras parade and ball. I stayed for 2 nights in one room and my sister and jher family stayed 1 night in another room. Jasmine Carlton at the front desk provided excellent customer service!! She went above and beyond to help accommodate me and my sister that came in the day after me to help ensure we got rooms near one another. Will definitely recommend this hotel to others who visit our wonderful city.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Philip K, Director of Operations at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2019

Dear mcrigsby2018,

Thank you for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community. We will be sure to share your feedback with Jasmine. We are very fortunate to have her on our team. She is a true asset to our property. We hope to have you back again next year for Mardi Gras.

Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

Booked a room riverside to see the ship come in the night before our cruise. We had a wonderful stay. The room was clean and roomy. The hotel was secure and had lots to offer. Staff was well organized and very helpful. We was shuttled to and from the cruise terminal in a very timely manner, following the instructions given! It offers a charging station as well as an outdoor area to socialize and have drinks. Beautiful views from the rooms as well.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2019

Twenty-eight floors of comfortable rooms overlooking Mobile, friendly service, enjoyable extras, property is within walking distance of downtown Mobile and is a short ride away from such attractions as the USS Alabama - highly recommend a stay at Renaissance by the Bay.

Room tip: request a corner suite, high floor facing Mobile Bay.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Diveshack0674
Reviewed February 10, 2019

Stayed here for several nights. As a Platinum Elite member for life, we were upgraded and given access to the lounge. The room faced the river and we had a nice view over the convention center. The room was nicely sized. The bathroom must have been renovated because there was a painted metal soffit which lowered the bathroom ceiling several inches. The main room has 8' ceilings but the entry way is lower and the bathroom is lower than the entry. The hotel is oriented toward business travelers which is surprising since many leaving on cruises stay here too. It is the only Marriott property that I have stayed at where the lounge was closed by Friday mid-day. I.e., no Friday evening service. It is open for breakfast over the weekend however. What I would have liked is an automatic cappuccino machine in the lounge. The coffee was just thin and weak. To be honest, the in-room coffee machine served better coffee.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Philip K, Director of Operations at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2019

Good day am08540,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you were upgraded to a river facing room. It is our priority to ensure that our Elite Members are taken great care of while guests of our hotel. Please know that I will look into the coffee being served in the club lounge. I hope to have you back as our guest the next time you visit the Mobile area.