“Excellent service and stay”

Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel
Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Ingram, Texas
“Excellent service and stay”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed at the Renaissance Riverview Plaza in Mobile on my way to Florida in August. Very nice hotel, comfortable room and excellent service. Everyone from the parking valet to check-in to room service was polite and so helpful. My room was clean, the bed comfortable and my room service meals were very good. I even had a view of the bay. I thought the room rate was very reasonable for the quality of the hotel, too. The elevators did entail a short wait at times. Seemed slow or possibly not all were running. I didn't have time to explore the area because I arrived after dark and had to get on the road early the next morning, but this hotel is across the street from the convention center so I am sure there is plenty nearby. If I'm back in Mobile, I will definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Chaille H
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We will be sure to share them with all of our ambassadors here at the hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear about the positive experiences our guests encounter while staying with us. We look forward to having you back as our guests should your travels bring you back to the Mobile area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The service of this location is superior. However, the little problems I experienced were annoying. On more than one occasion, my key card did not work and I had to go to reception on two occasions to have the key card reset. The wifi is confusing as there are TWO possibilities.. Riverview and Cityview. Who knew I was at Riverview, when my view was of the City.. It took some time to discover I was using the wrong wifi... the sink in my room, like almost all sinks in high-rise hotels was slow to drain. I ordered room service and I expected to pay a fee for the food, however I do expect that for 19 bucks for a cheese burger that it would have been a better quality than the frozen patty and juice soaked bun that was not edible. The valet service has a nice team of young people that were friendly and eager to help.

Room Tip: Across the street was a Hampton inn.. The rooms had balcony.. next time.. I will go for the room wit...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alexander S
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you found our service levels to be superior. Providing great customer service is our primary goal and it is always great to hear ones positive experience(s). In regards to the challenges you faced, please know that this information will be sent to the appropriate department heads. Your input will be used to enhance the overall operation of our property. Our IT manager has already diagnosed a recent issue with our key system and we believe the issues we were experiencing have been eliminated. We hope you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Mobile.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Two night stay over Labor Day weekend. Terrific view from our corner king suite on a top floor. Rooms are well equipped and decorated with modern touches. The lobby of this place is under construction - a very minor inconvenience as we had no need to linger there. Concierge Club room served up a great breakfast - eggs, sausage, bacon, grits, toast, and the most beautiful huge bowl of berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries). What set this place apart from other renaissance hotels was the staff. From the ultra friendly Check-in to the Valet Parker that welcomed us back by name when we returned after a few hours out, there seems to be a real focus on customer service here. For the price - this place can't be beat.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during the Labor Day weekend. I am delighted to hear about how great your stay was with us. Please know that your positive feedback will be shared with everyone here at the hotel, specifically your comments on your guest room view, Concierge experience and the overall service you encountered. Your time and feedback are very important to us. We hope to see you back in the hotel in the very near future.
Selma, Alabama
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on August 20th for business and when we arrived we were greeted by a very kind gentleman at the check in desk. I hate I did not get his name but he was a white gentleman with glasses maybe in his 30's. He had impeccable customer service and upon checkout he informed us the previous day we had paid $20 too much. We were very appreciative of his honesty in giving us our extra $20 back. His honesty and excellent customer service went above and beyond the call of duty. As for the hotel it was our first visit here and we hope to return again whether for business or leisure. The amenities are some of the finest in Alabama. We also enjoyed an EXCELLENT lunch at The Harbor Room. Beautiful views and wonderful food!!

• Stayed August 2013
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your most recent stay. I am delighted to hear about the exceptional service you received while you were a guest. Please be assured that your positive remarks will be shared with the appropriate individuals. We hope that you elect to stay with us again in the future should your travels bring you back to Mobile.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel the valet and staff was kind and polite.The property was having a little renovation going on but in all this hotel was still beautiful and clean. I was only there for one night and I have no complaints at all. Great Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that the construction taking place did not deter you from enjoying your stay. Please know that your comments will be shared with the entire hotel team. We hope to see you back at our property in the very near future.
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

The overall experience was very good. Nice rooms, charming staff and close to bars and restaurants. The rooms were clean and had a fantastic view over the river. Comfortable and friendly bar near the lobby.

• Stayed August 2013
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for the positive comments in regards to your recent stay. It is always delightful to hear about the positive experiences our guests encounter. We will be sure to share your feedback with the entire hotel team and we hope to see you back at our property in the near future.
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night during our drive along the Gulf coast. We arrived late and didn't really wanna go chasing any place to eat so we choose the restaurant in the hotel, one thing we did not regret. We were all alone and got full attention from a very nice servant. He knew a lot about wines and ran around looking for a wine that would suit our meals best. The one we finally choose we're sold out so he offered us a more expensive one for the same price.
The room was really big and the bed enormous! We could have stayed forever!

• Stayed October 2012
We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your kind words are greatly appreciated, in particular the positive feedback regarding your restaurant experience. We truly pride ourselves on delivering a great experience to all of our hotel guests. We hope to see you back at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel in the near future.