“Great view of the bay”

Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel was very modern and chic. The decor was very fitting for an upscale hotel. I was greeted by a friendly staff and they were very helpful. The view from my room was great. I was on the 9th floor. The rooms were clean and offered plenty of extra towels and pillows. My only issue is that you had to pay to park but that is typical of downtown locations. I would stay at this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us here at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza hotel. The views of Mobile Bay are breathtaking from our Bay View rooms, especially during sunrise and sunset. Please know that your comments will be shared internally with our team. We hope that you elect to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Mobile. Again many thanks for your time and input.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I was very, very, very disappointed in this hotel. It had 4 elevators and only 2 worked. Bugs. The happy hour. What happy hour? No signature drinks. The hotel had a convention going on so it was a busy place. Check-In was easy the Riverview room was perfect (thanks to Melanie Tate, great customer service). It was just everything else. The Montgomery Renaissance has really spoiled me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read that we did not overdeliver while you were a guest with us. Please know that your feedback will be shared with the appropriate individuals so follow up can occur. In regards to Happy Hour, the hotel does offer a Happy Hour from 5pm to 7pm Monday - Friday. Although our signature drinks are not included on hour Happy Hour menu, we do have a nice selection to choose from on our Fathoms Lounge menu. I apologize if this was not shared with you and this will be part of our internal follow up. I also wanted to thank you for sharing your nice comments about Melissa. She is a great asset to our hotel and we are fortunate to have her on our team. We do hope that you will elect to stay with us again in the future. Again many thanks for your time and feedback.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my annual OES/Masonic Session from June 25 - June 30th. I was pleased with the hotel staff upon entering. They handled our party of 11 coming in at 2 a.m. with ease. My room looked nice upon entering, I had a city view. Not bad, but an ocean view would've been better. Mobile's city view isn't all that. The closet was spacious and the bathroom was clean. The beds were heavenly. Yes, they had the heavenly bed going on from the pillows to the mattress. I slept very well. However, during my stay I begin to notice things. The table by the bed, which held the clock, phone and lamp was dusty dusty (yuck). When the sun hit it, it looked like it had not been dusted in ages. They didn't vaccum the floor while I was there. They didn't change the sheets during my stay. I understand the "Save the Environment" but, come on. I had to request that amenity. However, when asked it did happen and quickly. A couple of members in my party of 11 noticed that there rooms had not been properly cleaned before arriving. They noticed clothes left behind from other guest under their bed and in the drawers. The food in the hotel was pretty good. The Garlic parmesan chips for 99cents were great. You have to order them at the bar. The air condition was always booming. (That was a plus.) Oh! Our session was 600 plus people, yes that's a lot. But, we had a difficult time with the elevators being broken and lots of time wasted while waiting on an elevator. Some people took to the stairs. Overall it was an okay hotel. But, I could've stayed across the street at the Hampton Inn and got Free breakfast. I love Hampton Inns.

Room Tip: Choose a ocean view. Water is always soothing to look at. The city view was weak.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza hotel. I am delighted to hear that your arrival process was smooth and enjoyable. I am also glad to hear that you were able to sleep well while staying with us. In reading your review, I was disappointed to see that your stayover cleaning process was not executed properly. Please know that your feedback is being used with our Housekeeping team to make sure we learn from our shortfalls. Our ambassadors enjoyed having your group in house last month and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your stay.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Very clean and comfortable hotel. View from the window was beautiful and service was great. Only downside was a very small bathroom. Great access to the convention center where we were attending and event and to the downtown area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive comments regarding our hotels cleanliness, great views and great location will be shared with our entire hotel team. Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us. We hope you elect to stay with us again should you ever come back to the greater Mobile area.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel is across from the convention center and is near the water. Spacious rooms and very clean. Staff is friendly and accommodating. The concierge lounge was nice and had a good selection of food and beverage. The gym was very good.. Lots of equipment all in good condition. It's in a great location to hit the bars and stores on Dauphin street.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel along with all of the wonderful amenities we have to offer. We pride ourselves on our first class product and great customer service atmosphere. We hope to see you back at our property should your travels ever bring you back to the Mobile area.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Room was wonderful, view was spectacular and everything was immaculate. From my arrival to departure no detail was forgotten. Got a kick from the Moon Pie left on my pillow each morning! There was a very nice guitar player in the lounge every evening. A nice way to relax with a glas of wine before bed.

Room Tip: Ask for a view if the river and a floor above 20
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank patgal48
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. Our hotel team is excited to hear that you enjoyed your guest room along with the view. We strive to deliver a great arrival and departure experience to all of our hotel guests and it appears we were able to do just that. Just a small tidbit of information for you. The moonpie you received during turndown is a Mobile tradition that dates back to the 1970s. The moonpie became a popular throw during Mardi Gras parades because too many people were getting hurt by boxes of Cracker Jacks. Our gift shop carries Moon Pie products year round for our visitors to purchase and enjoy. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We certainly hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very nice hotel for the Mobile, Al area. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was a bit more dusty than I would like and the wireless seemed slow however the Mobile Bay view from the 27th floor was awesome. I've stayed at both this one and the battle house down the street and fine the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel the better between the two.

Room Tip: The restaurant is a bit pricy however there are plenty of local food joints within walking distance.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank slowspd
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am disappointed to hear that you found your room to be a bit dusty and your internet connection to be a bit slow. This information will be passed along and researched by the correct individuals. We hope you elect to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to our area.