“Powerful”

Buy Tickets Online
More Info
$15.00*
and up
USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park Admission...
Ranked #1 of 74 things to do in Mobile
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At Mobile’s Battleship Memorial Park, you don’t have to look very far to find heroes. From the Battleship USS ALABAMA to the Submarine USS DRUM and over 25 aircraft, the spirit of military pride is alive and well.Aboard the battleship you will be able to explore 12 decks. Among those, you can climb inside gun turrets, get locked in the Brig, man a 12mm gun and much more.Also at the park, you will be able to go below and explore inside the oldest Submarine on display, Submarine USS DRUM. In the Medal of Honor Aircraft Pavilion as well as in the park, you will be able to view many rare and historic aircraft. A few in our collection include: A-12 Blackbird Spy Plane, OS2U Kingfisher, F-86L Sabre Jet, B-52 Bomber, just to name a few. While in the pavilion, don’t forget to take a ride on the Flight Simulator and experience flight without ever leaving the ground. It’s an unforgettable experience for the entire family. All tours are self guided. Allow approx. 2.5 hours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 13, 2012

as we crossed the bridge on I10 and we approached the USS Alabama I was filled with such a feeling of awe!!!!!!!Then we stepped onto the ship, I have never been on a ship. Being only 5'5 I had no problem going up the stairs, down the stairs and through the doorways. However my son and husband with height sometimes had a hard time keeping us with me. The information that was written and the pictures showing what the ship has done in the past was great. As with most historical artifacts money and upkeep is always going to be a problem. However we did try to keep in mind that this is not Disney World.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

If you have seen the Midway in San Diego, you will still be impressed, but it seems that they are lacking finances to keep up the upkeep. The stories that need to be told about this awesome ship need to be available. The one thing that I was impressed about with the Midway is the self guided audio tour that they have. The Alabama needs this to help tell the story and help explain what went on in all the different areas of the ship. The Alabama tour has a 2 or 3 page typed tour with a few sentences about a few of the areas of the ship. Trust me, I think it is a must to see, but it think the ship needs a better tour/guide to explain how the crew of this ship operated and fought for our freedom. The battles it was in and theaters this ship sailed to need to be told.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Congratulations to the Battleship staff. We were there for the Vietnam Veterans Salute - first ever for the Gulf Coast! Thank you for giving our Veterans free admission and for permitting a memory and connection event.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Very interesting and enjoyed the battleship, submarine and the planes!
We took great photos and the price was beyond reasonable!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Terrific tourist attraction. We did not want to pay to go again, but it was worth every penny. Make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes. I was glad to see the Tuskegee plane and the submarine. We had a lot of fun, and we definitely recommend it.

Been to Battleship USS ALABAMA? Share your experiences!