“Interesting and fun!”

Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center
Ranked #11 of 73 things to do in Mobile
More attraction details
Owner description: The Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center is a not-for-profit, mission-based, science center that promotes science learning through a variety of inquiry-based educational and entertaining activities, including exhibits, IMAX films, demonstrations, workshops and teacher professional development. Located in downtown Mobile, Exploreum visitors can experience more than 150 hands-on science adventures in three permanent galleries: Hands On Hall, the Wharf of Wonder and My BodyWorks, the most advanced health exhibit in the nation. The Exploreum also features large-scale, family friendly, interactive traveling exhibits, year-round with broad science content and supplementary, themed educational programming. Guests can also enjoy demonstrations or workshops in the ChemLab, BioLab or new ExploreTEC lab and see a film in the J.L. Bedsole IMAX Theater.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Many fun things to do for the family and kids love it! Intereactive and special events all the time. IMAX theatre. A really fun place to hold a birthday party and very reasonable. Good help provided during the party. Great way to spend the day for the whole family - all ages will enjoy it!

1  Thank JoyceLS
There are newer reviews for Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center

Reviewed July 15, 2013

For 16 dollars (we had a military discount and they were charging 10 dollars for each(without the discount)), we spent almost 3 hours here and were able to see the IMAX. The human body exhibit was stellar, and as two twenty year-olds we had a blast! I loved that you were able to actually test how healthy you are (I am not!). There were some problems getting a card to do the test, but there was an attendant (employee) who was very quick to check on the machines and fix them. I teach biology, and this center is amazing and I wish that I lived in Mobile and taught there, because my students would love this! Some other parts were not working, but it really didn't matter to us, as we were having fun. Again, this place is for kids and family, but we had a blast and was a wonderful way for us to spend a rainy 4th. The IMAX was awesome, and we spent the entire movie trying to think of the music that they played when you entered. We couldn't figure out which movie it was from. It was well worth the money and was a good choice for us!

3  Thank Samantha W
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This museum is one of the better science museum we have been to. There are many interactive exhibits here that keep you entertained. Very educational also. Be sure to see the IMAX movie also. You can easily spend about 3 hours at this museum.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

There was some neat hands on displays the kids liked, but also a lot of read this and watch this little video on that. My kids wanted to "experiment" not read about making smart grocery shopping choices. The one thing I would give 5 stars to was the under 5 year old area. This was GREAT for my 16 month old. Little balls to play in and soft toys to stack. Plus, it is gated so that the older children cannot come in.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great place to bring the children. Educational and fun. Reasonable pricing. No on-site parking which can be a problem in inclement weather.