“False advertisement”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Prattville, AL
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Millbrook
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The photo gallery on the hotel website showed a nice pool and hot tub. The pool was freezing and there was no hot tub (you could see where it used to be)! We were locked into our stay because we booked on hotels.com. I will never lock myself in without seeing first-hand that it is as advertised. I am not sure what the $100/night is paying for? The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good but it certainly was not worth $100/night...I would say $65/night would be a more reasonable price to pay.
I think the hotel needs to update the photo gallery to prevent duping travelers in the future!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank ARDADOF3
manisha8382, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Prattville, AL, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and that the hotel was not as you expected it to be! Due to new ADA guidelines (which require a lift for both pools and spas) we were not able to maintain our indoor hot tub. I certainly hope that you can overlook this in the future when you're in our area and stay with us again! We would love to make it up to you the next time. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was in the area for business and stayed at this hotel with no complaints. It was a slow week for them so there weren't many guests. The rooms are big and spacious withh free wifi (though they don't advertise, just ask). The breakfast was surprising! They had different items each day with make your own breakfast burrito's to biscuits in gravy and it didn't taste like they came from a box. While on business, that's all I'm looking for: a good night's rest and a decent breakfast. This is also right off the highway and near all the shopping that has sprung up at this exit. You're also only 14 miles from downtown Montgomery which has some decent dining and entertainment areas.

Room Tip: The elevator *dings* loudly. I would suggest a room at the end of the halls.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just returned from visiting family in Alabama.We got this hotel at the last minute from a bad experience.We were very pleased of the cleanliness of the hotel,the staff was courteous.The breakfast was great and the kitchen hostess Deborah was friendly and welcoming.We would stay there again when in the area..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We booked a huge room for our whole family......arriving rather late & expecting our room to be ready for us we found somewhat of a surprise. The room was nice & clean but, "hot" the air had not been turned on in sometime. From the time we had our showers and got all our family settled down...around an hour, the room was still not as cool as it really should have been. You would think that the staff which knew in advance of our arrival (we booked over a month in advance) would have been nice enough to turn on the air conditioning and had the rooms (large 2-room suite) cool & comfortable for our arrival.
On checkout that morning.....we told the lady (large, white, blond) at the desk that our room was missing an iron (we did not want to be charged for this) she really acted non-shallot about this as if it didn't matter. I asked her if she was going to make a note of this....I'll take care of it! I healed up a piece of paper that we had written this down on with the room number.....she jerked the paper out of my hand.....I asked her what was that about? She said look, I'll take care of it. Boy......did someone "not" want to be at work that morning....I'm not accustomed to being spoken to this ill especially by staff of an establishment. We then went into the rather small breakfast area....no seats so, we waited outside & finally were able to get some juice, muffins. This was ok for a quick eat & run but, not the best it could have been at this location.
We will not return probably due to the room being hot on our arrival & the rudeness of the front desk staff member.

Room Tip: Ask that the air be turned on before you get there.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank natakatt4u2006
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Date Visited: Friday, June 28, 2013
Pros: Clean, pretty quiet.
Cons: Bad smell outside, small breakfast area, not much to eat
We stayed here passing through to Florida, and were fairly impressed with the property. It seemed very clean, and even quiet for a hotel. The room had a microwave and fridge, and decent beds and bedding (minus the hair on the one pillowcase, yuck). The clerk was nice, but not overly friendly. The bad: there is a terrible smell outside (I don’t think it comes from the hotel but it was terrible), the shower handle was broken and loose, the breakfast area was way too small and it was poorly arranged. The waffle maker was right by the door and the line blocked the entrance. The food was ok, just standard trucked-in hotel food. Although it wasn’t bad overall, I think I’ll stick with Hampton.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I usually pick newer hotels because I am very picky about where my family stays. This hotel is older, it was very clean. There were some issues with wear in the bathroom and paint on the walls, but I was very happy with the cleanliness. The free breakfast was phenomenal.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I just made a recent trip to Montgomery, AL to see a friend in the Air Force. Our stay here was totally awesome! The attendant at the front desk(Amber) was very welcoming, smiled, and made us feel at ease from minute one. She addressed us personally each time we saw her. We were not even in our room all of 5 minutes, and Amber called to make sure our room was acceptable. It only took a few minutes for this personal touch to our stay, but made a huge impact on us. The room was very clean, spacious, and decorated nicely. The afternoon snack of homemade cookies was a nice touch. The "cleaning crew" was always nice and friendly, and were always wanting to provide to our every need(most places we have stayed at in the past have not asked if we wanted "extra" towels). The breakfast was totally awesome, and was more than expected~~large selection of food items, fresh, and clean! This place was very easy to access from I-65, and close to downtown Montgomery. Our room overlooked a big field~~it was nice scenery, and quiet. My favorite part of the stay was that fresh coffee(decaf, gourmet, bold), tea, and hot cocoa were available 24 hrs a day in the lobby area with "real" mugs and "fixin's" . The lobby area made me feel right at home, and was a nice place to sit and read. I also thought it to be a nice touch to have reading materials on hand~~books, magazines! We were very pleased with our stay, and this will be where we stay when we come back to Montgomery to visit again! Thanks for the services provided~~we enjoyed it!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor in a King suite room~~very nice and spacious, and quiet!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anita S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrook
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 15 in Prattville
No photo provided
Key West Inn Millbrook
#3 of 4 in Millbrook

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Prattville, AL? Share your experiences!