“Great Atmosphere and very good food.”
Review of The Catfish House

The Catfish House
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Millbrook
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Set Up you get with hush puppies, slaw and beans is great. The food is above average and the service is average. The hush puppies are some of the best Ive ever had. The slaw is very good and the beans are great. If you leave this place hungry, it wasn't their fault. :)

If you have never been, you need to try it.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Having been a customer since they first opened, but not having been recently due to an explosion of additional restaurants in the area, we decided to go back, since the last time we were there, service and portion size had dropped a notch or two. Unfortunately, nothing has changed. While the hush puppies, beans, and slaw used to come when you were seated and made your drink order, they don't arrive now until just about the time your entree does. While the food quality remains, the quantity has dropped, so the value has decreased for the amount charged. Signs of the times, no doubt....Sorry, we won't be back anytime soon......

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Hush Puppies, Coleslaw, and White Beans are served as soon as you are seated. Their menu lists Crab Claws, Shrimps, Scallops, Oysters, Chicken cooked in various ways. The young lady who served us, Tamika, kept the Hush Puppies and Coleslaw coming. The food was average but it was a fun place for families and friends or big groups.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The juiciest, plumpest oysters I have had in a long time. The fried catfish and shrimp with all the fixings was filling. Nice place and plenty of room for a group. My only problem was I felt service was a little pushy- like out the door when we finished eating.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

On hotel recommendation, I gave this place a try and was very impressed. Had the platter with fried catfish and shrimp. Both were excellent. Appetizers of seasoned beans, hush puppies, & slaw are brought to the table before the meal, and could serve as dinner by themselves. Very good! Service and atmosphere were great as well. The parking lot appeared packed and I almost passed for fear of a long wait. I'm glad I went inside because the place is bigger than it looks, and there was no wait. This is not far off of I-65 at the Bass Pro Shop Prattville exit. I will definitely be back!