“HUSHPUPPIES!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Millbrook, Alabama
“HUSHPUPPIES!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

WOW!!! This place is DEE-LISH!! Being that I AM a country girl, I really enjoyed the beans and hush-puppies... and the fish... LAWWWD!!! Talk about good to the last bite!! Enjoyed every morsel along with my cole slaw... stop by and try them out. Good eating **thumbs UP!**

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Coot72

Troy, Alabama
“Outstanding”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The night my wife and I ate here the place was crowded. We waiting about 10 minutes for seating. The decor is very much like you would find in a Cracker Barrel, but more stuff....if you can imagine. lol. John Wayne is the theme of the decor in the waiting area. We ate the catfish and shrimp. It was very good. Servings were plentiful. No complaints on the food. The food arrived promptly and was the proper temperature. Our server was quite friendly and efficient. The prices are pretty typical of a family-type seafood restaurant. We will return. I recommend!

2 Thank Richard H
Somerset Village, Bermuda
“OK Food, Good Atmosphere”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Parking lot was full full which is always a good sign.
Unfortunately most of the food was fried so we tried to minimise that by ordering the boiled shrimp & stuffed crab plus some catfish. The boiled shrimp were straight out of the fridge/freezer along with hot food.....the stuffed crab didnt taste of crab & was basically hush puppy mix with some crab waved nearby so zero crab flavour.......the setup dishes were coleslaw, white beans & hush puppies which were all great but we ate too many of the hushpuppies as the entrees were delayed by a too busy kitchen ! Decor was very interesting with lots of artefacts there to admire whilst waiting.

Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
“Get yo' grub on!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Me and my wife stop by here on our way to New Orleans. What a good idea! The atosphere is a western type the theme and the smell of the food makes you hungry. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. My wife had the whole catfish and loved it. I had the fried shrimp, it could have been fried harder, but was good anyways. Deep fried crab claws are recommended. Portions are good and the price is reasonable.

1 Thank Steve A
Dallas
“A good place to eat”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My family was visiting family in Millbrook and we were looking for a good fish resturant to eat and we had spotted The Catfish House on our way in which was only about 1/4 mile from where our family resides. We called and got reservations but when we got there we still had to wait for around 30 minutes. We had a friendly waitress and the food was really good. I had never had beans served as an appertizer before but it was very good. We were from N.C. and we have very good fish restaurants here but The Catfish House can rate right up there with N.C.. Thanks for the hospitality, we plan to visit again the next trip down.

• Visited December 2012