“Cheap, tasty and consistent”
Review of Selvam

Selvam
Ranked #23 of 690 Restaurants in Melaka
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Cheap, tasty and consistent”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

We went here every day for three days and tried breakfast, lunch and dinner. Friendly staff, picture menu and very good food for a reasonable price (good combination deals but we think the best value is the tandoori chicken and naan combo!). Also highly recommend their mango lassi and an excellent ice milo, have a meal here!

3 Thank DJScho

• Indonesian first
“Quick and Accommodating”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here late at 9:30 but this was still open.

We ordered something really basic like the Nasi Goreng and Mee Hoon Goreng. Both were decent. We also ordered Thosai which came with a dhall and two chutney. The hygiene for these sauce were questionable by Western standards (they look like they've been here for a week) but I think by the standard if a local food joint they are acceptable. The Thosai was also fresh and savory.

Price wise it was affordable. The restaurant was quite clean and we actually saw the waiter cleaning the table with soap.

London, United Kingdom
“Consistently good food over 3 days”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I ate here for 3 days running because we struggled to find diverse veggie food nearby. Food was always fresh and very flavoursome. Recommend the masala dosa. And have some of fried dahl ball.

Karlsruhe, Germany
“Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Selvam was recommended to me by my hostel, so I went there for lunch. They specialise in one dish for lunch, which is served on a banana leaf (rice, vegetables and some meat/fish/whatever). The service was fast and the food was great. On top of that, it is actually very cheap. I would recommend it any time!

Singapore
“The best meals we had in Melaka”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Seriously. Everything else seemed overrated in comparison. Selvam's by contrast, EXCEEDED our expectations. Very very reasonably priced, delicious south Indian food in an authentic setting with great, speedy service. It was so good, we went back again the day after.

Try the briyani rice and definitely order a dish of sambal squid - tender morsels of squid in a spicy chilli/curry sauce. Mmmm. It's late night now and I want me some again.

• Visited May 2014