“....overrated,small portion,extermely sweet lime juice nothing to shout about...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Famosa Chicken Rice Ball Restaurant

Famosa Chicken Rice Ball Restaurant
Ranked #473 of 655 Restaurants in Melaka
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
KL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

i have no clue whats the hype about this "chicken rice ball" meals....we were rather dissapointed for RM 5 we had some rice balls and chicken,compared to all the hype about it.

whats so great about rolled up rice balls and some measly chicken,i would have still preffered Wilson chicken rice compared to this.We had asked for 2 plates of "chicken rice balls","cendol" and "ice lemon" and the "cendol" was sooo sweet,and not much coconut milk in it and the ice lemon tea was just horrible sweet and we had to keep diluting it with water and ice cubes and finaly left it alone and gave up!!

..rice balls were mushy and thats one skinny bony chicken i had ever eaten...after trying to down much of this we gave up and decided to ask for some "yong tau foo" and left....

..and everywhere we went the crowd was lining up in queue to sample this...i have no clue whats the hoo haa about this place,am done royally!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles

• Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We walked by and saw that this place was very busy, so we sat down.
The food was great! We had a selection of different dishes. One could complain that one of the dishes we wanted to order was not available anymore...
I liked those rice balls, but I didn't try in many other places, so I cannot tell if they were better than average...
Some people complain about the service, but I didn't see that. The food came quickly and everything was correct. The waiter wouldn't have a chat with us, but I think at this place you only pay for the food, not for an excellent service which is fine for me...

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Suria B
Ipoh
“so-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Know what, the chilli sauce is their best. My friend was joking, that if you have the time, go XX for their rice balls, go XX for their chicken, and go Famosa for their chilli sauce.

But still, long Q as usual.

1 Thank Bell N
Swan Hill, Australia
“Very bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

As i was alone they asked me to share a table with another alone person and i did not happily thou
The service is really poor you don t feel to be welcoming
Once i got the food rice ballls and bbq pork which were ok but nothing special they forgot spoon and fork and took me a while to get their attention to ask for those although they walked in front of me few times not caring about me calling them and they were laughing at each other
Price was expensive for the place you can easyly go cheaper round the corner
When i paid they gave me back wrong change and took me a while to make them understand that and get the right change
Don t go!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cecex88
Hobart, Australia
“TAKE AWAY RICE BALLS - WAY TO GO!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Grabbed a bag of these little beauties at 30sen each and hurried off down Jonker St munching away. Do it!

Visited July 2013