“My favourite”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“My favourite”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Have tried a few satay celup in Melaka, yet Capitol is still my favourite among all. Be prepared for the long queue as there are only 12 tables available in the shop. You will be surprised by the big scallop and oyster rewarded by the owner/staff at the same price as others.

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Kuching
“Average.”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We came for supper, queue for 30min b4 we get our seat. Nice sauce, but a bit expensive rm1 per stick, we had tried anther shop which is rm 0.70 per stick. But still will come back again and will recommend for those 1st comer to Malacca.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank inami7798
Sydney, Australia
“Worth it for the experience”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Based on reviews we had seen we decided to forego lunch and arrived right on 5pm. Even at that time there was only two tables free, thankfully one was out the front so we grabbed it. There's a huge variety of skewers on offer so there's bound to be at least a couple of choices for even the fussiest eater.
It does tend to get quite hot as the metal piece at the centre of the table that holds the sauce extends down to the floor so if you sit with you legs under the table they get quite warm.
Would eat there again, but would go early

• Visited February 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice but a little unhygienic ”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Nice sauce, special but I see many ants on the plate of century eggs and crab meat and some other food. Queued for 1.5 hrs which I feel it can be more like snacks than real good meal. Would have it again if there's chance but won't go malacca for this satay loklok which is one of the dirtiest loklok I've ever seen.
When u go to the toilet, u can see how they handle the prawn... :S

1 Thank HermitO
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Worth the wait!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We queued for about 20-30 minutes before we got a seat. The food was relatively cheap, each stick cost 1RM with additional cost for the satay sauce and all. It was my first time trying lok lok and I thought it was good! However, it was quite warm and stuffy inside. The ventilation was bad. The place doesn't seem very hygienic either. My friend saw the staffs washing the satay sticks to reuse them again. They also go around stirring the satay sauce with the same ladle for every table too. Nevertheless, it didn't really bothered me that much and I still enjoyed the meal.

• Visited April 2014