“Hidden and under-rated gem!”
Review of SamFu restaurant

SamFu restaurant
Ranked #36 of 842 Restaurants in Melaka
Reviewed October 30, 2016

Since it is my countless visits to Melaka, I wanna try different peranakan restaurant other than the usual Nancy or Amy. I came across a blogger's recommendation and decided to try out Samfu!

Well, it is way beyond my expectation! The staff are friendly. The dishes were served fast and hot. Every dish that we ordered tasted so delicious! We ordered 7 dishes for 4 pax and the staff is doubtful if we can finish all. And in fact, we did! I love their Kueh Pie Tee.

Haha.. I hate to share this review because I'm so worried the food standard will drop or staff will get snobbish when Samfu gets famous or crowded. But.. I would still like to give them (especially the chef) the credit and compliments they deserve! Thumbs up!

Reviewed October 20, 2016

A nice place to come and give Peranakan food a try . Good taste in terms of the food but the first thing i dislike was a very heavy incense smell as i come into the Place it self. Too strong and over powering. Decor i not bad but some things were total unnecessary as it makes the place choke and have the feeling of too much things

Reviewed October 15, 2016

Went for family dinner and ordered most of the recommended dishes. For people who grew up eating nyonya food, we rated the food as about average with the highlight going to the fried fish with ginger & soy sauce which received the thumbs up from our family cooks! The ambience is nice and staff very friendly. Definately worth a visit if its your first time in town.

Reviewed October 3, 2016

Very tasty nyonya food with great service. Food are reasonably priced. Very rustic decorations. A hidden gem inside Mimosa Hotel. Walk a few metre away to try the longkang siham (cockles near the drain).

P/S : Thanks for helping our sick friend.

Reviewed September 30, 2016 via mobile

Charming & rustic deco makes us feels like we're stepping into another era, once entered restaurant. The food is excellent- authentic nyonya & reasonably price. Highly recommend to try their Kuah Lada Fish Head, babi chili, pineapple prawns and ponteh. The restaurant is a gem, hidden inside Hotel Mimosa Melaka.

1  Thank ykyong83