“Wonderful quite night out...”

Bert's Garden Seafood Medan Ikan Bakar Batang Tiga
Ranked #58 of 715 Restaurants in Melaka
Cuisines: Barbecue, International, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

It's slightly away from Melaka Town, but worth the drive. The place is nicely set up with wooden furniture and it's an ALL OUTDOOR DINING. Table seating options include right beside the sea which I personally recommend. There are no fans (none required) as it can be very breezy. I do suggest bringing mosquito a repellent with you especially if you're traveling with children.

The food is not much to shout about but that's only my opinion (and taste buds!) The nasi lemak is nice but I would not classify it as being the best in Melaka tho... Grilled squid was nice especially the sauce that came with it.

Overall I would say its a great place to relax and unwind. Food-wise, I'll give it a 6/10

1  Thank McWheelers

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We travelled for about 20 to 25 mins outskirts and the view was breathtaking and could see local fishing. It was a nice change from the crowded town centre. We ordered crabs, prawns, fish, etc. Would like to say that the crabs and prawns was good but the fish was so-so. There are plenty of mozzies though the hospitable staff would light the incense under the table to help chase them away. Would have loved it if they have some live band....some ideas maybe? Our dinner was shorten by strong winds and were advised that it would soon rain. There are indoor and outdoor dining areas but we chose to make our exit as the winds made it difficult to eat, with everything flying off. It was a good experience but not good enough for me to venture far out again. And the meal cost RM1000, for 12 (including 8 bottles of beer), so I would say its kinda of over -priced?

1  Thank Cheryl Y
Bertsgarden, Owner at Bert's Garden Seafood Medan Ikan Bakar Batang Tiga, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you all of your time in spending at Bert's and writing your reviews. We at Bert's on the other hand will try our level best to maintain and further improve our food and services. Your review is important, please keep your comments coming so that we can improve further! Thank you!!!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

had a good time, enjoy the sea view and the music,
friendly owner, it is enjoyable to have dinner here,
come and enjoy, you will never be regret! :)

1  Thank CourtneyCheong
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Who would have known that there is such a fabulous place in Malaysia, let alone Malacca! Its a slight way out of town, perfect for me as I was looking for a place without the tourists, and wow....its really something!

Its rustic, great food and even more fabulous people! The staff are friendly, food good but what I love most was the warmth that the owners Bert and Amanda showered on me. Additionally, the customers are also fantastic!! Its such a lovely, friendly environment.....and safe too!!

Bert's Garden has become the reason I visit Malacca :-)

Oh I should just add that I wish the toilet can be 5 star as the place is :-p

1  Thank josephinemartatan
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Excellent food - try the commando chips with barbecued prawns. Savannah Dry for those who like cider and super atmosphere with a sea view. Fantastic service!