“Modern hotel with professional staff”
Review of Holiday Inn Melaka

Holiday Inn Melaka
Ranked #8 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights and enjoyed it from the moment I arrived. There is always a member of staff who greets guests at the door and the check-in process was swift .

The Hotel Inn Melaka is ideally located next to Makotha (an established apartment style accommodation) and across the road from the big shopping mall. The hotel only provides a free return shuttle service to famous Jonket Street!

The room was very spacious and clean with ample space for our bags. The bed and pillows were very comfortable also.

One of the features of this hotel is the infinity pool which is a welcome relief to all guests when it is hot & humid.

The other outstanding service is the spa which I enjoyed a 2.5 hour pampering session which included a full body exfoliation, full body massage and milk bath laced with roses which cost only A$150 which took place in one of its 3 balinese style huts! I will certainly recommend this for weary travellers and those who want to be indulged.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VoyagerBrisbane
HIM_MARCOM, Marketing Communications Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2009

Dear Voyager Brisbane,

Thank you very much for staying with us. The management team is very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and had a great experience in our Peranakan inspired Tea Tree Spa.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the team here in Holiday Inn Melaka is looking forward to welcome you back!

Have a GREAT day ahead!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Melaka

Reviewed June 16, 2009

I wanted to try this hotel after reading some nice reviews. I was provided a smoking room w/o being told. The smell was unbearable and with 2 young kids with sensitive nose I requested for room change only to be told hotel is fully booked with ZERO attempt to help address the problem. When I threatened to move out to nearby Equatorial if they cannot help me and asked for Equatorial hotel phone number, the receptionist checked her system and gave me the number of a competiting hotel....I cannot believe they cannot even be bothered to retained an unhappy customer. As my kids were all eagerly wanting to enjoy the pool, I stayed. My wife in fact spent over RM100 to buy a aromatherpy set at body shop to disperse the smell. It did not helped much and my kids suffered stuffy nose for the whole night. I regretted not moving out.
When I checked out I fedback to the front office manager who promised to call me back or response to me. I have never been contacted.
I have no issue if there are indeed no rooms but at least an attempt should be made to freshen up the room - like air freshener and change of pillow who smelled of smoke. I had similar experience with other hotels and that was what they did which I appreciate.
The hotel is in a nice location and the rooms are new and comfortable. It's sad the service was a let down.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank xiaoxuan

First of all, we are honored that you have selected Holiday Inn Melaka as your recent trip.

As we are dedicated to providing you with the genuine personal service and gracious amenities in your travel experience, my team and I would like to extend our humble apologies as you and your family did not experience the entire Holiday Inn Brand service and product standards as expected.

We do take all comments seriously and appreciate your valuable feedback. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to welcome you and your family back again.

Reviewed June 12, 2009

Check in was prompt and handled efficiently by the front desk personnel. They were full of smiles and welcoming us. The room which we booked was really something that we liked as we had two kids with us and it was the Kids Suite. There was a double decked bed for our kids.
Conveniently located to the Mahkota Parade Shopping Mall which is within walking distance. The hotel even provides shuttle service if you prefer not to walk.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank ImpressedFamily

Dear Impressed Family,

Thank you for staying with us. We are happy to hear about your wonderful experience in Holiday Inn Melaka.

Thank you for the sincere compliments on our team and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back with us.

Have a great day ahead!

Reviewed June 10, 2009

Check in was slow as the hotel was fully-booked over the weekend. I was attended by a staff (presumably new) who is not sure of what she could or could not do. However, another colleague came to assist and I was upgraded to the executive rooms at no extra charge.

The rooms are spacious and clean, sheets are crisp, good quality toiletries and great choice of coffee and tea was available. The restaurant staff were very helpful and efficient. I must also credit the porters who were also very alert. In general, the staff were commendable.

The location is average, one to needs to walk a bit to reach the shops, for shopping and sight-seeing places.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank JoeIE70

Dear JoeIE70,

Good day. We have reviewed your comments with us. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we will look into the speed of check in by our new colleague as mentioned. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate your valuable feedback.

Looking forward to welcome you back to stay with us and have a wonderful day ahead.

Reviewed May 23, 2009

Big Spacious room with a good sea view and clean bathroom with amenities. Grand Entrance with a spacious lobby. With the hot weather in Malacca, the refreshing iced cold lemon drink was really a plus. Lovely pool , clean water, well equipped gym.
My husband's favorite part of the trip was daily cocktails at the club lounge. Delicious canapes and great wine!
Service was excellent, especially the concierge team. Staff were always ready to lend a helping hand. Great that the hotel has a shuttle service to the attractions and to town.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GraceWP
HIM_MARCOM, Marketing Communications Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2009

Thank you very much for your review Grace.
We are glad to hear that your husband loves the cocktails served in the club lounge and our colleagues have rendered great services throughout your stay.

Our team is looking forward to your return and have a GREAT day ahead.

Reviewed May 10, 2009

Beautiful hotel with excellent customer service. The moment we got to the hotel, the Manager, Mr Simon Tan and his team gave us a really warm welcome. From then on, it was fantastic service all the way. From the person who checked us in, the bell boy, the waiters, the life guard .. all were ready with a warm and friendly smile and ever willing to render us assistance. Mr Simon Tan and his team made us feel very, very important indeed. We look forward to staying at Holiday Inn Melaka again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Funstastic
Ginie18, Marketing Communications Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2009

Thank you for your recent recommendations and compliments. We are glad to be able to render a satisfying service to you. Looking forward to your return and have a great day ahead.

Reviewed May 10, 2009

This was a mother's day trip and thanks to tripadvisor....I read all the reviews to decide where should I stay in Malacca and here I found the Holiday Inn in the heart of its city!!!!Absolutely beautiful hotel with an impeccable service staff.I was very impressed from the time I made my reservation till I did my check-in at the executive lounge.All went smoothly.The room had a spectacular Malacca view and all furniture seems looking all new.I stayed in a suite with connecting room, for a family of 4 .Next,we had our lunch at the Essence Restaurant, we were surprised and overwhelmed that all mothers and children dine in for free!!!!The buffet was awesome,really good spread and the service was superb!I was speechless..the offer was to good to believe.Incredibly,a nice touch of a 5star, I will definately be back with friends next time!!You've got to try it!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Talulladee

Thank you for your recent recommendations. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our Mother's Day - All Mum's Eat Free Promotion. We are looking forward to you and your family's return. Best wishes from all of us in Holiday Inn Melaka.