“Indeed very good”

Ranked #8 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
Kota Bharu, Malaysia
“Indeed very good”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We went in March this year dering school holiday. I was attending a workshop and my family tagged along. The staffs was great and very helpful..we were greeted at the entrance and ushered to the counter. Check in was smooth. The room was comfortable and clean. The meals was great..large spread and tasty. We loved the grill selections. The location was within walking distance to the malls, night market and Taming Sari 'the of melacca'. But need to cross a busy double lane road..have to be careful. Swimming pool was great but lots of people. So we went early in the morning and late in the evening..could have the whole pool to ourselves. The pool was located at a higher floor and able to watch nice view of the town. Overal satisfied and definately would come again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dais76
Alvin-JY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Melaka. I am very grateful for your kind words and your compliments to my team. Guests’ safety is our main concern and hence we do provide shuttle service to major shopping malls and Jonker Street from 10am to 10pm.

We look forward to hosting you again in not too distant future. While in the hotel, please do not forget to dine in our award winning Sirocco Italian Restaurant and have yourself pampered in our Tea Tea Spa. Also, enjoy our “Kids Stay and Eat Free” offers.

Best regards,
Alvin J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Well known hotel located within walking distance to most historic places in Melaka and also to the popular night market of Jonker Street.
Well maintained hotel but unfortunately lack of signage to lead guest to the hotel. Suitable for business and also family traveller.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review and feedback. Please be informed that we have written and liaising with the authorities to add more signage and make it visible for guests to reach our hotel.

The team and I look forward to having you back home with us in the near future and I encourage you to visit our website to enjoy great savings off your stay. And while at the hotel, please dine at our award winning Sirocco Italian Restaurant and pamper yourself at the Tea Tree Spa with special discounts and the Kids get to Stay and Eat for FREE …

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel staff were very attentive, and helpful. Free shuttle service was also provided to the city center, and last but not least, don't forget the location map that comes along with some discount coupons for attractions around the city.

The hotel is just across the road from Mahkota Parade, Hatten Square and Dataran Pahlawan, so if you need to shop or just hang out, there's plenty to choose from.

A few items to consider:
1. The hotel has a very busy main road right in front of it. So if you're thinking of crossing it to get to the malls, you'd need to be really careful.
2. There is a club on the corner of Mahkota Parade (Mixx) - you're sometimes actually able to hear the music from the hotel.
3. The shuttle service is free, but you should

Room Tip: You'll be able to get discount coupons from the Hotel front desk (it comes along with a map) - v...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Davin_x
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am grateful for your compliments for the team and the shuttle service. We would like to inform that for safety purposes, we do not encourage guest to cross over the main road. Hence, we provide shuttle service for all our guests from 10am to 10pm which will bring you to the major shopping malls and Jonker Street. We are also liaising with the Management of the “Mixx” to reduce their volume for the comfort of our guest. Again, thank you very much for your constructive comments and this will further reinforce us to deliver our promise as being “Great Hotels Guest Love”

I look forward to welcoming you back home soon and encourage you to visit our website to enjoy great savings. While at the hotel, please indulge in our award winning Sirocco Italian Restaurant and Tea Tree Spa with special discounts and the Kids get to Stay and Eat for FREE.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 1, 2014

As usual if we do go to Melaka, we will stay in this hotel coz of its coziness and cleanliness. Staffs attitude is excellent, good spread of breakfast. Our last visit was 30th April till 2nd May...we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: The higher the better, and of course the sea view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mahfuz D
Alvin-JY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn as your preferred hotel in Melaka and for taking the time to share your recent feedback.
Thank you very much for your kind words pertaining to the service and the hotel. Your review has further motivated us to stay focus and devote our efforts in delivering exemplary service to our guest.
We look forward to having you back in the near future and I encourage you to visit our website to enjoy great savings off your stay.
Once at the hotel, please indulge in our award winning sirocco Italian Restaurant and Tea Tree Spa with special discounts and the Kids get to Stay and Eat for FREE.
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This hotel provide my family a great place to stay,but when I going back after dinner, my room's air conditional was leaking, the carpet on the floor all wet. I called to receptionist and he sent the maintenance for us. My sister at next room also complained the air conditioner are not cool at all,so she also have to called maintenance to fix it.After maintenance checked, the receptionist arrange us us to change to another room.Please make sure the air conditional are not any problem like this. The breakfast provided by hotel are delicious, you have to try!

Stayed May 2014
Alvin-JY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It is disheartening for me to learn about the hiccups with your air-conditioned during your recent stay. Through my conversations with the maintenance crew we realized that there was a faulty valve in this rooms. This defects are due to 'wear and tear' and has since been rectified. I have asked my team to conduct checks on all our rooms and advise me accordingly for my perusal.

I appreciate your constructive feedback which has further our passion to strive and seek for continuous improvement.

I hope that this minor event will not deter you from returning to Holiday Inn Melaka and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I rated 7/10 when the staff at the front desk requested me to do so. She then asked how the hotel could make it to 8 or 9, who I quickly responded that the service staff at breakfast (2nd level) ought to be "more attentive". The room was above average though clean and well-lit. The hotel location is not the best but the staff at the front desk and concierge made it up! The buffet spread was amazing but did not really enjoy it as the air condition was really weak! And, my room was in complete darkness twice for a few seconds in the wee hours that woke me up! Sigh..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank BB2015LWT
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us.

I have met the breakfast crew and agree that there are areas for improvement. I will be reviewing the operations at Essence during peak hours to better support the demands of the business.

I also can relate to the darkness in the room as I experienced it myself due to the power disruption caused by the state / local electricity board that affected the power supply in our hotel and the neighboring hotel. In times like this, the hotel's generator will start automatically (between 5 to 10 seconds) and support the hotel's power supply.

However, I do appreciate your constructive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.