“Internet kept dropping, if not GOOD JOB!!”
Review of Holiday Inn Melaka

Holiday Inn Melaka
Ranked #9 of 168 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed March 30, 2014

When I entered the lobby, I was amazed with the lobby as it was spacious and well kept!! Did not have to wait for the check in, sufficient manning at the front desk and was served with a delicious cookie while getting checked in! I was served by Zariz I think, was wondering if he was the FOM as per the welcome letter in the room. I was given a twin bed first, but I was cool with it but as we had our 16 month daughter with us, we requested for a King and was immediately moved. View was of the Straits of Malacca! NICE!! Breakfast was good nothing to complaint. Only problem was the internet. Very hard to connect and kept dropping everytime I have connected within minutes. Hotel needs to buy extra licenses for the internet coverage during weekend period when the hotel seems to be filled. Other than that.. Comfortable stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Alvin-JY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Valued Guest.

Thank you for your feedback.

With regards to your comments on WiFi, we have recently upgraded our internet services by improving the signal strength on each floor through additional access points and bandwidth. Random checks are being done by my IT personnel, checking on signal strength especially during peak times.

However, I appreciate your feedback and interest in out hotel. Such feedback will further fuel our passion in terms of managing a ‘Great Hotel Guest Love’.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and encourage you to visit our hotel website and enjoy great savings off your stay.

While at the hotel, please indulge in our award winning Sirocco Italian Restaurant and Tea Tree Spa with special discounts and the Kids get to Stay and Eat for FREE.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was on a business trip to various locations in Malaysia and Singapore - Holiday Inn Melaka was the best hotel by far. Especially I liked the service: always helpful, very friendly.
The room was perfectly clean, very spacious with a nice sitting area. Then the breakfast: such a big variety of food, different sitting areas, fresh eggs, waffles, etc. - a perfect start to a day.
I liked the SPA treatments very much as well as services like the shuttle bus to the city center.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us.

Your comfort is our main priority and I truly appreciate your compliments..

Your review will further fuel our passion in terms of managing a ‘Great Hotel Guest Love’. Should your travel plans bring you back to Melaka in the near future, please visit our hotel website to enjoy great savings off your stay.

And while at the hotel, please dine at our award winning Sirocco Italian Restaurant and pamper yourself at the Tea Tree Spa with special discounts and the Kids get to Stay and Eat for FREE …

Once again … Thank You

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Chose this hotel based on its proximity to the Mahkota Medical centre, where we had to get the bus back to KLIA, but turned out that the busy highway makes it near impossible to walk and cross the road! Anyway, the hotel has a regular shuttle to the Clock Tower/Jonker street area, and to the mall, for its clients, and hence makes it easy for us to at least visit the main area of interest.
Staff are friendly, and the hotel has an excellent breakfast selection, both Western and local Malaysian delicacies.
We were booked into one of the Strait view rooms, and the room is quite spacious. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Eric O, Marketing and Communications Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I'm sorry to learn about your unpleasant encounter while crossing the busy highway in getting to Mahkota Medical Center. Likewise, I do agree that it's unsafe to use the highway to get to the hospital. Hence at the hotel, we always advice our guest to use the designated pedestrian crossing or alternatively do let us know if we can assist with transportation.

Thank you again for sharing. The team and I definitely look forward to welcoming you at your next visit.

If that it is in the not too distant future, please visit us at our webpage to take advantage of savings off your stay. While at the hotel, please indulge in our awards winning Sirocco Italian Restaurant and pamper yourself at Tea Tree Spa with great savings! Oh.. and Kids Stay and Eat Free too!

Stay Cool!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We had a 2 night stay just last weekend, it is a fantastic hotel with nice sea view and great service.
Just one small incident which our room was delayed when we arrived, at first we were told our room would be ready in 45 mins to 1 hour and so we had lunch at the lounge whilst waiting for the room. However when we checked with the reception 1 hr late, we were told it would be another 30mins. this did deeply disappoint us as we had driven over 2 hrs from singapore and needed a rest before going out to enjoy the sights of Malacca heritage city.

Good point is that the receiption Ms Bavani actually took note that we were seated at a corner seat of the lounge (not in direct visual view of the reception desk) and brought our keys to us when it was ready, we deeply appreciate her great attention to details like this and applaud Holiday Inn for having such attentive which makes all the difference to a weary tourist upon arrival.

Subsequently we encountered great service every where within the hotel and also need to compliment the restaurant breakfast crew. Despite overwhelming number of guests during breakfast, the staffs and floor managers never fail to come by to clear our plates and one even noticed i was looking around for the coffee corner and promptly attended to me.

Overall its a great hotel to stay in and i understand a new extension is expected in 2 years time on the reclaimed land by the jetty and i certainly am already looking forwarded and making my plans when it is ready.

Great place to stay!

Room Tip: if you like sea view, ask for it to face the sea and the pool, nice to relax with a drink by your wi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The club rooms were a bit disappointing in size but adequate, clean and well maintained. The bathroom was also quite small for such a room. Nibbles and drinks in the executive lounge were interesting and we very much enjoyed the breakfast buffet on the balcony. Service was excellent throughout. The pool area is reasonable, but at the time we were there the view of the sea was very unattractive, due to mechanical diggers on the sands. The gym and massage facilities were very good. All in all a place to stay if you want good quality on the ordinary side of luxurious!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Eric O, Marketing and Communications Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your review. I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

Having that said, I regret to learn that you found our club room were disappointing in size. If I may, most rooms at the Holiday Inn Melaka are approximately 32sqm in size which were configured to allow enough space for rest, leisure and business in the same time.

I am also sorry to learn that you find the view from our swimming pool is unattractive due to the ongoing works. We can assure you that the work is only temporary to make ways for new attractions to the city.

Above all, we hope that at your next visit to Melaka, Holiday Inn will still be your choice. Should you have any further concern to share, please feel free to e-mail us at welcome@holidayinnmelaka.com.

Stay Relaxed.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We like our stay in this hotel very much. Room are very spacious, we got upgraded to a triple room. Room and bathroom are clean and well equipped with amenities. Beds are also very comfortable with choices of pillows. Breakfast is good with a lot of varieties - sadly the dimsum is overcooked. Staffs are friendly and attentive - only a minor drawback when we asked for transportation to our bus stop, the concierge whom we talked to has already agreed to send us there complimentary, but the front office said they couldn't do that, which caused us confusion. There are complimentary shuttle service to major attractions and shopping malls too, which is very handy. Overall, we are very satisfied with this hotel, as expected from Holiday Inn group.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Eric O, Marketing and Communications Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn and for taking the time to share your feedback.

It's always empowering to receive such positive feedback. To us, it's with such compliments that will further fuel our endeavor towards 'Great Hotel, Guests Love.'

Having said that, I also regret to learn about the areas that we could have done better. Rest assured that your observation on the overcooked dim sum and the transportation arrangement will be channeled to my colleagues for future improvement. I nevertheless, thank you for your patience and for letting us know.

Thank you again for everything. We hope your future travel plans will still bring you back to the Holiday Inn Melaka. At your next visit, do check out our website to take advantage of great saving off your stay. While at the hotel, you must indulge at Sirocco Italian Restaurant and Tea Tree Spa with special discount offer. And Kids Stay & Eat Free!

Regards,
Eric Ong

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed one night in the Holiday Inn in Malacca in February 2014. The hotel was comfortable and well presented and the staff were very professional, friendly and helpful giving us a drink when we first arrived. We were able to have a buffet lunch at the hotel's restaurant which was very convenient.

I did have a few communication difficulties with some of the staff as they spoke English but their understanding seemed limited eg needing a twin room and the difference between a Malacca Straits View and a City View. Also the Wifi didn't always work.

I greatly enjoyed my stay but the hotel was dangerously located across a very busy road from the town with no pedestrian crossings or traffic lights and I had to cross the road to get to an ATM. They did have a shuttle bus at certain times of the day.

In enjoyed the view of the Melacca Strait although it was a bit different to what I expected.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn. I just didn't like the location next to the busy road which would be the only thing that would stop me from staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Alvin-JY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Valued Guest.

Thank you for your feedback.

As a responsible hotelier, I truly understand the risk in crossing a busy street and we urge our guest to use our shuttle services which operates every hour. For the benefit our readers, we have three shuttles which operates from 10am to 10pm daily. Hence, I recommend all our patrons to use these shuttles during their stay and not compromise their own safety.

With regards to your comments on WiFi, we have recently upgraded our internet services by improving the signal strength on each floor through additional access points and bandwidth. Random checks are also done by my IT personnel checking on signal strength especially during peak times.

I have also taken note of your other observations and will review this with my Head of Departments. Again, I truly appreciate your effort in sharing your recent experiences with me.

For us, it’s all ‘About You’ …