Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
M Motel(Melaka)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
1,949 results
All reviewsstraits viewkids suitetea tree spathe executive loungebusy roadinfinity poolshuttle serviceshuttle busjonker streetclub roomfacing the searoom facingmahkota paradehigh floorchecking innice poolshopping mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed in this hotel last April27-28,2013, we had a great time staying in this hotel. Everything inside the room is excellent, very clean. Comfy bed & pillows, the blankets & towels look new & clean. Great swimming pool with the best view. The buffet breakfast, you'll be spoiled for choices. Location is also great. Worth the money I paid for. Fantastic hotel, I will sure come back again. Keep it up & maintain the place, Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank WahidMarisah
Eric O, Marketing Communication Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing.

Your kind words are much appreciated. To us, there is nothing more rewarding than a positive feedback from a satisfied guest like you.

Stay Relaxed and Stay at Holiday Inn. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was our first time to Melaka and decided on Holiday in due to location. The rooms were very clean and we had a wonderful view of the Straits. The room was spacious and had everything we needed. We added executive club which was well worth it. The staff were very good and always willing to help. Housekeeping seemed to have a few problems, we had to call them in the evening to change towels and restock, as I think they were only doing it once a day. They were not very prompt but after a couple of calls they turned up with our requests. The pool area was well situated with great views of the straits. With only a short walk to the shopping centre, Jonker Street and the main attractions it is well situated. I would have no hesitation to stay there again.

Room Tip: Overlooking the Straits
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denstrip

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Holiday Inn Melaka. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

Having said that, we apologize for the inconvenience caused with regards to your laundry. Rest assured that your concerns have been communicated to the respective department head and the necessary prevention measures is being taken to avoid any further recurrences. Nevertheless, we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. The staff were great and the breakfast was fantastic. Whilst it was busy, the staff were extremely efficient and helpful. I was upgraded to a club floor which had great views over the city.
The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk to the main Melaka attractions but quite a pleasant walk. Very easy if catching the bus from Singapore as it both drops off and picks up to the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Breville

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing.

It is important to keep our promise of ‘Great Hotels, Guest Love” to our guest. Rest assured that the team and I will continue to make a difference and to add values to our everyday heroes (our valued guest)

Stay Relaxed and Stay at Holiday Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been going to this Holiday Inn every year for quite a number of years now. My last review said that it was the best hotel in Melaka, but standards have dropped since, and I can no longer say that. It is also no longer the newest hotel in Melaka.

The age of the hotel is starting to show, and there is hotel maintenance being done. This is a very good thing on the part of the hotel, but they need to look into the service and housekeeping, as that determines the experience of the guests.

I just returned from a trip to Melaka, and this was my experience...

- I was given a room where the aircon duct was making a constant clicking noise. It affected my sleep, and at midnight, called the call center to get someone to check on it. After waiting for a period of time, no one turned up, so I called again. I asked the call center person if he had called anyone and he kept saying "I'll get the duty-manager to go to your room." The duty-manager called and asked if my neighbors were still making nose, and I told her that was not the issue (the call center person did not note properly what was the issue). I told her to come to my room, and she was outside, so I let her in. The duty manager was very prompt and responsive to the problem and changed us to another room.

- The alarm clock rang when the sky was still dark the next morning. Housekeeping did not turn off the alarm that the previous guest set when they made up the room. This disturbed our sleep, and worse, this is the 2nd time it had happen to me in my last 2 trips to this very hotel. The last time, I gave them feedback when I checked out, but it looks like the problem is still there.

- The bathroom of the new room assigned had 2 shoe prints on the bathroom floor. There were also no face towels.

- The next day, after housekeeping made up the room, the bathroom floor was not cleaned as the shoe prints were still there and hair on the floor. The bathroom floor towel was also not changed.

- The hotel channel on TV (channel 0) had a fault and it went on for 2 days and was not rectified when I checked out (see picture). This also affected the Vision Four channels, which did not work. Having it not function for 2 days surprised me as it showed that no one checked on whether the channels were working or not.

- Lastly, the hotel's lights on the side of the hotel now said Holid Inn (see picture).

During checkout, the lady said that the duty-manager wanted to meet me and made me wait as she desperately was trying to locate the duty-manager to the front desk. When she asked me if the neighboring room was still noisy, I had to tell her again that the problem was not noise from the neighboring room (besides, I had already changed room). They had not updated what was erroneously keyed in by the call center person. I gave the feedback to the duty-manager, and all he could say was that he had noted the feedback and was sorry.

For a hotel chain like Holiday Inn, I would not expect such problems to happen. In all the hotels I have ever stayed, only at Holiday Inn Melaka was I awoken by an alarm that I did not set, not once, but twice on two different visits!

This hotel needs work, not just on the physical aspects, but on their service level, housekeeping, attention to details, etc.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric O, Marketing Communication Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.com. It's with regret to learn that we have fallen short to your expectations during your recent stay with us.

With that, we wish to apologize for the inconveniences caused. If we may, here are the findings and outcomes from our investigation that we wish to share for the benefits of the readers.

It's unfortunate to learn about the defects with the air-cond duct despite our best effort with preventive maintenance. Rest assured that this will be looked into again to avoid similar recurrences in the future.

We are also regret to learn about the disturbance caused by the alarm clock next door. Our standard procedure requires our chamber maids to set off the alarm when cleaning the room and clearly this was not done properly during your stay. Rest assured that training have been put in place to reinforce this practice again.

As for the shoe prints and hair found in the room, we wish to apologize for such inconvenience caused. As a precaution to avoid similar recurrences in the future, our team members have been informed to be extra vigilant when checking the rooms before releasing it to our guest.

As to your comment with our TV channel, we have highlighted this to the channel provided (Vision 4) about the shortcomings. Beside that, we have reminded our team members to constantly check the channels to avoid any inconveniences.

We appreciate your effort in highlighting the hotel’s faded signage. As we speak, the lights now have been fixed and lighted as it should.

Lastly, we wish to inform that the above are not excuses for our shortcomings as we do take your comfort a priority. In the same, we also hope that you’ll not put us in your permanent disfavor and we do look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My family and I decided to make a short holiday to a nearby place and Malacca seemed like a good destination for us. We managed to book a room at Holiday Inn as it was quite close to nearby attractions as we did not intend to drive around too much. Our car journey from Singapore took about 30minutes to get across the Causeway and then followed by a 2hours+journey (at a leisurely pace) on the North-South Expressway before exiting the Ayer Keroh exit followed by another 30minutes to get to our destination. It was quite easy to find the hotel if you had done your homework or if you possess a GPS. Parking was free and check-in was fuss free. Our room was clean and nice but there was no free internet. Anyway, we did not plan to stay in our room. Straight off, we headed to the nearby Menara Taming Sari (a rotating tower) to catch some of the sights that would have required some travelling. This was followed by a short walk to the Stadthuys area where the colonial buildings, churches, fort were situated. We spent half a day walking around including walking up to Paul's Hill to view the A'Famosa fort before retiring to the hotel room for the day to rest our tired legs.
The next day, we set off to Jonker Street which was about 10minutes walk and had breakfast there before walking the entire stretch (we were told that there is a weekend market). This was followed by lunch of chicken rice balls and chendol (a local dessert). Thereafter, we took the ferry along the Malacca River to admire the buildings that lined along the river. As it was a long day, we returned back to the hotel to rest.
I woke up early the next day to catch the sunrise. I took the route from the hotel along the jetty and saw the beautiful sunrise. As it was our last day, we did some quick shopping before setting off to Singapore. All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed this short trip and are making plans to visit again soon with the choice of hotel being Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Muthucumar

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. It’s nice to hear that you had an enjoyable and meaningful time at the Holiday Inn.

Rest assured that your feedback will be channeled to the team as I’m certain that it will further motivate us to do better.

Stay Relaxed and stay at the Holiday Inn. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.