1)Hotel itself is situated on a reclaimed land. I had the ocean view rooms which was great , long as you keep looking afar and not down. I was told that more hotels will be built on the reclaimed land - a little saddening to me because Melaka is a small town, it is losing the tranquility and colonial charm it once had with the influx of concrete building (hotels w shopping mall).
2)Breakfast spread was ok, nothing memorable.
3) Excellent staff. Very helpful and warm!
Here's a more detailed encounter about my check-in experience:
We drove from KL, with my partners' parents visiting from Australia. I recieved a call around 12.30pm from the hotel asking what time they can expect us which i answered 2pm and if there is any problem. They assured me that my rooms will be ready upon my arrival.
At 1.50pm, we reached and checked in, we were informed that there were only one of our rooms available. I wasn't very please because of the tele-conversation I had with them at 12.30pm. I know it is a bad pet peeve of mine but having been in the service industry, I found it unacceptable to call to confirm a guest's time of arrival but not being able to deliver. When I asked about the call and the reassurance I get, I was told by one of the guest relations officer that 'we have already upgraded your room to begin with...'.
Anyway long story short, there is service recovery offered. Other than the silly remark by that single staff member, service has been great. The green tea with honey & cupcakes were a very nice touch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Melaka is the choice for families and business travelers alike who are looking for a relaxing base with award-winning service, close proximity to shopping and business district, all in a new contemporary setting. This hotel in Melaka boasts an unrivaled location, residing on the stylish waterfront overlooking the Straits of Melaka, with easy access to the hidden gems surrounding Bandar Hilir or shopping around at Melaka Raya. Retreat to the 275-rooms including deluxe, suites, and Kids Suite with featuring Wi-Fi Internet service throughout the hotel. Soak in the fun at the hotel's infinity pool complimented by a picturesque view. Conduct business and meetings in comfort with its state of the art function rooms and pillar-less ballroom, all with floor to ceiling windows for natural sunlight. Discover a brand new you at the Balinese inspired Tea Tree Spa by pampering yourselves with its wide range of treatments. At es.Sense kitchen, indulge in the international favourites and local inspired cuisines such as Baba Nyonya and authentic Peranakan. Then there is Sirocco Italian Restaurant, a relaxed dining outlet serving the best wood fired pizza in town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Holiday Inn Melaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Melaka Hotel Melaka
- Melaka Holiday Inn